Table of Contents
- 1 Best Professional Logging Chainsaws-Our Top Picks
- 1.1 DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw, 12-Inch, Tool Only (DCCS620B)
- 1.2 Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- 1.3 Makita XCU03Z 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 14″ Chain Saw
- 1.4 XtremepowerUS 22″ inch 2.4HP 45cc Gasoline Gas 2-Stroke Chainsaw
- 1.5 Husqvarna 20 Inch 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
- 1.6 WORX WG322 20V Power Share 10″ Cordless Chainsaw with Auto-Tension
- 1.7 Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- 1.8 BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 10-Inch, Tool Only (LCS1020B)
- 2 Best Proffessional Logging Chainsaws Buyer’s Guide
- 3 FAQS
- 4 Conclusion
8 Best Professional Logging Chainsaws
It’s a good idea to invest in a professional logging chainsaw if you do large-scale bucking for the logging industry. Professional logging chainsaws not only make your job easier and faster, but they also prove to be a tough, reliable performer in any situation for multiple seasons.
Chainsaws from well-known brands will give you the power, quality, and safety features you need to tackle your projects with confidence. Here are our top picks for professional logging chainsaws without further ado.
Best Professional Logging Chainsaws-Our Top Picks
DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw, 12-Inch, Tool Only (DCCS620B)
The DEWALT MAX* 20V XR cordless chainsaw has a 12-inch bar and chain with low kickback. A high-efficiency brushless motor in the battery-powered chainsaw extends the motor’s runtime and life.
Cold starts, fumes, carburetor issues, and maintenance issues associated with gas-powered chainsaws are all eliminated. This cordless chainsaw is extremely durable. For tough construction and outdoor jobs, it can cut beams, demolish buildings, and manage tree limbs. The lightweight design enhances user control.
- Compact, lightweight design
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- Cordless chainsaw
- Up to 90 cuts per charge on 4×4 pressure treated wood
- Tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force
- Part of the 20V MAX* system of tools
Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
The Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw comes with a high-capacity G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion battery with no memory loss after charging, as well as a durable 12-inch steel chain and bar with tool-free chain tensioning for convenience and optimal cutting performance.
It also includes a transparent oil tank with a clear view of the oil level and an automatic oiler that automatically applies oil to the bar and chain as needed to ensure durability and optimal performance. To make it easier to use when trimming at different angles, wrap the handle around for multiple cutting positions.
- High performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion battery
- 12 inch bar and chain, perfect for cutting branches and limbs with ease
- Up to 60 cuts per charge
- Tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments
- Hassle free push button start
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the bar and chain to ensure durability and extend the life of the chain
- Translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- 40V battery & charger sold separately
- 3-year warranty
Makita XCU03Z 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 14″ Chain Saw
Two 18V LXT batteries power the 18V x2 LXT (36V) Brushless chain saw (model XCU03Z), resulting in increased power and run time. High power efficiency is provided by a brushless motor with a direct drive system. It has a 14-inch guide bar and a Makita-built variable speed motor that cuts at speeds ranging from 0-3, 940 FPM while reducing noise.
It produces no pollutants and requires less maintenance. There are also computer controls for star protection and Extreme Protection Technology (XPT).
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- Tool-less chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Variable speed trigger (0-3,940 FPM) for easy operation
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform
XtremepowerUS 22″ inch 2.4HP 45cc Gasoline Gas 2-Stroke Chainsaw
You can cut through stubborn trees quickly and easily with the XtremepowerUS 2.4 HP Gas Chainsaw. It has an anti-kickback chain, which makes it a safer option for inexperienced users while also providing extra comfort and safety for professional day-to-day workers. It also comes with a 2.4 HP EcoBoost engine for increased power while maintaining efficiency, lowering fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The engine has a clean air-intake system that effectively prevents dust from entering the engine.
You can easily access the chain, carburetor, fuel, and air filters and adjust their tightness. Giving you the control and adjustability you need to get the best performance out of our chainsaw in your specific working conditions.
The chainsaw is lightweight, making it easy for the operator to handle for extended periods of time. The well-designed chainsaw starts up quickly and cuts through even the toughest trees with ease.
- EcoBoost engine for lower emissions, increased power & reduced fuel consumption
- Quick-release air filter & Automatic chain oiler keeps the chainsaw in good working condition
- Durable Chainsaw – The chainsaw will make tasks like tree pruning, clearing land, preparing firewood or cleaning up after a storm easier
- Starting System & Quick Stopping – Equipped with assisted Starting System & Quick Stopping Control for increased user safety
- Anti-Vibration – Anti-kickback chain and effective anti-vibration design
- 2-Stroke Engine – 45cc engine with two stokes is perfect for cutting jobs around garden or farm; Quick Release – Quick-release air filter & Automatic chain oiler keeps the chainsaw in good working condition
- Engine Clean Air-Intake System – Efficiently prevent the dust from entering into the engine can be removed easily for cleaning
- Electric ignition with auto choke for easy starting
- Engine clean air-intake system efficiently prevent the dust enter into the engine can be removed easily for cleaning
Husqvarna 20 Inch 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
It’s no different with the Husqvarna 460 Rancher. Husqvarna chainsaws are well-known for their superior performance. This chainsaw is suitable for small farms or large areas and is designed for inexperienced users.
The Husqvarna X-Torq engine, which is one of the most fuel-efficient engines on the market and helps to reduce emissions, powers the 460. It’s still a powerful saw, with 3.62 horsepower and 3.68 cubic inches of displacement. Thanks to the SmartStart engine design, it’s also a very dependable starter.
With this tool, you can take on your projects with confidence, knowing that your chain saw has the power, as well as the quality and safety features, that you need. The ergonomic design of this chain saw makes it simple to control the power of the tool. Whether you’re pruning, limbing, or cutting firewood, this gas-powered chain saw is up to the task.
- X-Torq Engine – Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels
- Air Injection – Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dust and debris particles before reaching the air filter.
- LowVib – System designed to reduce vibration levels to the operator, which lessens fatigue.
- Adjustable Oil Pump – Allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions.
- Quick Release Air Filter
- Side-mounted Chain Tensioner
- Front Handle Ergonomics – Better grip and a 7° offset handle reduce fatigue.
- Felling MarksThree-piece Crankshaft – Forged three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications.
- Inertia Activated Chain Brake
- Combined Choke/Stop Control
- Smart Start – The engine and starter have been designed so the machine starts quickly with minimum effort.
- Air Purge – Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
The 10″ 20V Chainsaw is the ideal homeowner’s chainsaw because it is powerful enough for most backyard chainsaw jobs while also being compact and simple to operate. It doesn’t require you to be a lumberjack to operate. Before they become a problem, chop up fallen branches or trim limbs that are still on the tree after a storm. Thanks to a slew of quality-of-life features, this saw is a high-performance tool that’s surprisingly comfortable to use for a chainsaw. Overtightening is prevented by the automatic chain tension system, which ensures that the chain is not damaged.
Thanks to an automatic lubrication system, the chain moves around the bar at 3.7 m/s. These systems not only ensure that your saw runs at peak efficiency at all times, but they also significantly extend the tool’s life. The 3/8″ chain pitch is protected by the included Bar & Chain Sheath. This chainsaw is far more manageable than a traditional, bulky chainsaw because it only weighs 6.2 pounds with the battery attached.
- Automatic chain-tension system guards against over-tightening
- Auto-lubrication system keeps the chain running smoothly around the bar at 3.7 m/s
- Weighs 6.2 lbs with the battery attached, so it’s much easier to handle
- 20V 2.0 Ah battery and charger come with this tool
- Enough Power to do the Job
- Compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools
- 5 ft/s Chain speed
- Fast and powerful
Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
The dimensions of this 20-inch piece are as follows: The chainsaw is one of the best Professional Logger Chainsaws because it is both powerful and easy to use. This tool is versatile, lightweight, and powerful thanks to the OxyPower engine. It also uses less fuel and has a lower carbon footprint.
This chainsaw is known for its ease of handling and maintenance, and the side adjustment chain tensioning allows easy access to clips on the cylinder cover for quick access to the filter and spark plug.
- OxyPower engine technology
- Combi tool that is integrated into the rear handle is always there when you need it for maintenance
- Quick and easy to start
- Purge bulb which always provides the carburetor with fuel
- User-friendly combined choke/stop control enables faster starting
- An effortless pull starting system
- 70% less emissions and 20% lower fuel consumption
BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 10-Inch, Tool Only (LCS1020B)
Every challenge is met head-on by the V20 MAX* 10 inch Cordless Chainsaw. Thanks to a compact, low-kickback design and a 10 inch cut capacity, it’s powerful enough to handle tree branches, logs, and more with ease. Without having to reach for additional tools, tool-free chain tensioning allows you to make quick, easy cuts. The bar and chain are lubricated by a built-in oiling system, and the wraparound bale handle provides comfort and stability.
- 20V MAX* Lithium Battery for long run-time and long life — stays charged up to 5x longer.
- 10″ Bar and chain designed for smooth and fast cuts.
- Oiling system for lubrication of bar and chain.
- 8″ Cut capacity for a wide range of cuts.
- Tool-less chain tensioning for fast and easy adjustments.
- 10 inches premium oregon type of blade
Best Proffessional Logging Chainsaws Buyer’s Guide
The chainsaw’s function
Examine your immediate surroundings, paying attention to the available cutting space and the various tasks you want to complete. A smaller, quieter chainsaw is required in confined spaces. A compact cordless chainsaw, on the other hand, can’t cut through large tree trunks but can trim weeds and small branches. Examine the machine’s specifications and seek advice from an expert who can suggest the best professional chainsaw for you and your family.
Familiarity with type of wood
Just because you believe you have a powerful tool doesn’t guarantee that it will always work. Choose between soft and hard woods for your project. Knowing this will assist you in determining how much power the chainsaw requires to precisely cut the wood. To cut through tougher wood, you’ll need a blade with a longer lifespan. Because of its ability to withstand repeated tasks, it will also be a better long-term choice.
Portability and location
A gas-powered chainsaw is perfect for working in wooded areas. Filling up the chainsaw with gas and oil is a better option than complicating things even more by setting up a movable generator in the middle of a dense forest. You might run out of battery power before the job is finished if you use a battery-powered saw for large-scale work. Electric chainsaws should be considered if you live in or near a city. As a result, there will be less noise and, hopefully, no disruption to the neighbors.
Size of chainsaws
Before making any purchases, consider how much storage space you have, as well as the size, dimensions, and motor type of the chainsaw. Your decision should be based on your age and level of physical fitness. Don’t buy a large chainsaw if you can’t comfortably handle its weight. The higher the CC, the more power the machine generates; however, it adds weight. Choosing a chainsaw that is too heavy for you will tire you out and put you in danger of injury.
How should I operate my new chainsaw?
There are a plenty of of excellent resources on the internet to help you operate your saw. Place it on level ground, engage the start control, and use your left hand to hold the front handle while your right foot rests on the rear handle. Make sure you’ve considered all of the potential dangers before using a chainsaw.
How long does a chain last?
This is determined by a number of variables, including the type of cutting you’re doing. Cutting with a dull chain causes the chain and bar to overheat, causing the chain to stretch prematurely due to the increased friction. Due to the poor quality, the chain will also overheat and stretch prematurely. A new chain can be destroyed in seconds if the cutters hit rocks, sand, or charcoal.
The best professional logging chainsaws, among other things, are lightweight, ergonomically designed, safe, and emit less pollution and use less fuel.
Purchase a professional logger chainsaw and take on your projects with confidence. Chainsaws from reputable and trusted brands will give you the power, quality, and safety features you need.
We hope you found our review to be informative and useful.