Best Chainsaws for Beginners
For ease of use and less fatigue, beginner chainsaws should be light and compact. For chain tightness and smooth tool tuning, automation is critical, particularly Auto-Tension and Auto-Oiling.
Power is essential for maintaining consistency in performance under varying conditions. The size of the bar will determine how easily you can handle thicker trees and trunks. Design, comfort, and warranty are just a few of the other features.
When it comes to choosing the Best Chainsaws for Beginners, the most important factors to consider are safety and ease of use.
Other important considerations must be addressed before we move on to the specific products.
First , here are our best chainsaws for beginners.
Best Chainsaws for Beginners- Our Top Picks
Sun Joe Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
The Sun Joe 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw is designed to make trimming overgrown trees easier and safer. It has a 6.5-amp motor that can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7.5-inches thick.
It has an 8-inch bar and chain, as well as an auto-oiler for lubrication while in use. Chain tensioning is as simple as turning a screw. The telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft for a 15-foot overhead reach, making it ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs.
- Automatic chain lubrication.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs.
- 5-amp motor.
- Cuts branches up to 7.5 inches thick.
- A built-in safety switch prevents accidental starting.
- The telescoping pole extends to 8.7 feet, giving you 15 feet of overhead reach.
BLACK+DECKER Cordless Chainsaw
One of the best chainsaws for beginners is the BLACK+ DECKER LCS 1240B cordless chainsaw, which is ideal for pruning branches and cutting fallen limbs up to 12 inches thick. It has a 12 inch Oregon low-kickback bar and chain for fast, smooth cuts. It works with the BLACK+ DECKER 40-Volt Max batteries, which are typically sold separately.
- Tool-free chain tensioning allows for quick and easy adjustments.
- A 12-inch cut capacity allows for a wide variety of cuts.
- A lock-off button to prevent unintentional starting.
- When not in use, the guard bar scabbard protects against damage and injury.
- Working in remote areas is possible thanks to cordless operation.
- Both the battery and the charger are sold separately.
- Oiling bar and chain system
WORX WG322 Cordless Chainsaw
Worx 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Chainsaw has a battery indicator and auto tension to prevent over-tightening and improve efficiency.
It is lightweight at only 6.2 lbs, making it simple to operate and control. Its ergonomic grip is not only comfortable, but also vibration-absorbing. The Auto-Lubrication System keeps the chain lubricated at all times.
- Automatic chain lubrication system for more efficient and smoother cuts.
- Rapid and potent.
- The design is compact.
- A strong battery.
- Lubrication of automobile chains.
- Chain speed is 12.5 ft/s.
DeWalt FLEXVOLT Chainsaw
This DEWALT 60v MAX Brushless Chainsaw has a 3.0AH battery and a low kickback 16′′ Oregon Bar and Chain for a variety of cutting tasks. The chain brake improves safety and kickback protection.
Another excellent feature of this chainsaw is the tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob, which provides the required bar clamping force. This chainsaw also has automatic oiling for constant lubrication. You can get up to 70 cuts per charge.
- Design for ergonomics.
- Kickback protection is provided by the chain brake.
- Continuous lubrication is provided by auto oiling.
- Chain tensioning requires no tools.
WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
Worx 8 Amp 10-inch Corded Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw with Auto-Tension is a compact and lightweight chainsaw that is one of the best chainsaws for beginners. It has a 10-inch bar that’s long enough for most backyard tasks. The pole is simple to assemble and disassemble.
The chainsaw is equipped with a powerful 8-Amp motor that ensures consistent performance. You also get more power and durability than the majority of pole saws in the class. For all trimming and pruning jobs, a 10-foot reach with an extension pole is required. It is very comfortable to use in all tasks because of the rotating handle.
- A powerful 8 amp motor ensures dependable performance.
- A pole saw and a regular chainsaw are combined into one tool.
- The patented auto-tension chain system extends the life of the bar and chain.
- Working handle that rotates for sassy pruning.
- Design that is both compact and light.
- Tool-free installation of an 8-foot extension pole.
- Chain tension is controlled automatically.
- Installation is done without the use of any tools.
Poulan Pro Chainsaw
This chain saw is equipped with a filtering system that ensures long air filter life and lower fuel consumption, making it ideal for tree felling, firewood cutting, and other clean-up jobs.
- It’s quick and simple to get started.
- When you need it for maintenance, the integrated combi tool in the rear handle is always there.
- Fuel is supplied to the carburetor by the purge bulb.
- Faster starting is made possible by a user-friendly combined choke/stop control.
- Pull force is reduced by 30% with an effortless pull starting system, resulting in less wear on the starter mechanism.
BLACK+DECKER Lopper Chain Saw
This chain saw is great for pruning tree branches up to 4 inches in diameter, cutting down fallen branches, and chopping up branches into manageable pieces.
- The length of the bar is 6 inches.
- Cutting thick branches and logs is quick and easy with the heavy-duty cutting bar and chain.
- Innovative clamping jaws with a 5 amp motor that grab and cut in one simple motion.
- Cutting bar and chain with a lot of power.
- Cutting thick branches and logs quickly.
- Cutting capacity of 4 inches.
Makita XCU03Z Chain Saw
This chain saw is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications because it produces no emissions, is quiet, and requires little maintenance.
- For easy operation and maintenance, the chain can be adjusted without the use of any tools.
- Cutting performance is improved by a variable speed trigger and a high chain speed.
- The chain is protected from accidental engagement by a built-in lock-off lever.
- Extreme protection technology (XPT) is included, which is designed to provide increased dust and water resistance on the job site.
- For operator comfort, the noise level is low and there are no emissions.
Benefits of the Best Chainsaws for Beginners
- They’re portable because they’re small and light.
- Simple to start and use, such as by pressing a single button.
- They’re built with weather-resistant features that allow you to use them in any weather with little maintenance.
- These chain saws have safety features that reduce kickback when used for tough jobs.
- Simply turn them off, unplug them, and store them when not in use.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Chainsaws for Beginners
An electric saw is the best option if you only need a saw a few times a year to do some pruning and light trimming around the yard. If you need to fell medium-sized trees, however, you should use a gas-powered saw.
When determining the blade size, there are several factors to consider. For starters, a longer blade will almost certainly result in a heavier saw, which may be more difficult to control. Also, don’t pick a larger blade just because you think it’ll be more versatile. In fact, if you’re only doing light pruning, a big blade might be more of a hindrance than a help.
Chain saws have the potential to cause serious injury, so use caution. It is critical to ensure that your chain saw has built-in safety features.
There are two types of chain saws: electric and gas chain saws. Because electric saws are simple to use and light in weight, the difference can be seen in the construction and cutting strength. Gas chainsaws, on the other hand, are made of heavy-duty materials and are primarily used to cut large chunks of wood.
Best Chainsaws for Beginners FAQs
What protective gear is required for chainsaw operation?
Protective gear should be worn by the operator to reduce the risk of injury. When working with a saw or saw chain, use gloves to protect your hands. Non-slip gloves with a strong grip improve your grip and protect your hands. In chainsaw work, good footing is also crucial. Sturdy boots with non-slip soles are recommended. Safety boots with steel toes are also recommended.
What is better gas or battery chainsaw?
The best gas chainsaws are powerful, long-lasting, and portable. A gas chainsaw is your best bet if you need to do a lot of cutting in a wooded area. Electric chainsaws are small and portable. There is no fuel to replenish, but an extension cord is required.
Is it worth buying a chainsaw?
If you have a yard, a fireplace, or a backyard fire pit (or, for that matter, a smoker), a chainsaw is the quickest and easiest way to make clean, fence-free cuts to break down logs, both those still connected in the ground and those sized in your firewood pile.
If you don’t feel comfortable using the chainsaw in your hands, never use one. We recommend getting professional assistance if you believe the task at hand is too much for you to do on your own.
Then, in order to become familiar with chainsaws, you should think about a lightweight chainsaw, appropriate for small cutting tasks around the garden.
The chainsaws we’ve spoken about are of high quality and offer good value. Hope you find one that satisfies your requirements.