Table of Contents
- 1 Factors to Consider Before Buying a Professional Gun Cleaning Kits
- 2 Best Professional Gun Cleaning Kits (Review and Buying Guide)
- 2.1 Allen Company Universal Gun Cleaning Kit, 65-Pieces Set for Handgun, Rifle and Shotgun (70540)
- 2.2 Hoppe’s 9 Deluxe Cleaning Kit 62108
- 2.3 M-Pro 7 Tactical Cleaning Kit 070-1505
- 2.4 Browning Universal Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit 12447
- 2.5 Real Avid Handgun Cleaning Kit
- 2.6 Otis Elite Cleaning Kit FG-1000 Quantity
- 2.7 Breakthrough Clean Technologies Ammo Can Cleaning Kit
- 2.8 Tipton Delta Series AR Compact Cleaning Kit
- 3 Benefits of Professional Gun Cleaning Kits
- 4 The Components of a Gun Cleaning Kits
- 5 Commonly Asked Questions
- 6 Finally
Best Professional Gun Cleaning Kits
You’ll have to clean your gun at some point if you shoot, whether you like it or not. A gummed-up action preventing a quick follow-up shot or a frozen firing pin are the last things you want on a cold morning.
Cleaning your weapon is a requirement of gun ownership. A firearm that is kept clean and well-maintained is more dependable, lasts longer as an investment, and can even maintain accuracy.
A good gun cleaning kit, on the other hand, can make the process go a little smoother and more bearable.
Unfortunately, there are a plethora of different gun cleaning kits available, but they all appear to share some features. The most effective gun cleaning kits are chosen for their effectiveness, components, and application.
We put together this guide to the best professional gun cleaning kits to help you navigate this minefield. Let’s take a look at it without further ado.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Professional Gun Cleaning Kits
Number of Guns
The number of guns you have and will need to clean will influence your decision. Cleaning rods, jags, brushes, and patches may be required if you have a large number of guns.
Type of Guns
You want to pick a kit that meets your needs without going overboard on extras you’ll never use. Cleaning and lubricating a semi-automatic pistol necessitates different tools than cleaning and lubricating a precision bolt-action rifle.
Where You Plan To Use The Kit
What kit is best for you is also determined by where you clean your gun. If you want to clean your gun right after shooting in the field or at the range, you’ll need a small, specialized kit. Your kit doesn’t have to be as mobile if you plan on bringing everything back home and cleaning it all at once.
Sizes of Calibers
The caliber is an important factor to consider when purchasing a gun cleaning kit. I can’t tell you how many people have complained about buying a kit only to discover that it only cleans one of their three guns. Check the fine print of the kit to avoid making this mistake.
Best Professional Gun Cleaning Kits (Review and Buying Guide)
Allen Company Universal Gun Cleaning Kit, 65-Pieces Set for Handgun, Rifle and Shotgun (70540)
The Allen Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit is a professional grade 65-piece firearm cleaning kit that comes in a gun cleaning toolbox. To keep you organized, each cleaning tool has its own fitted compartment labeled with the item’s name or size.
The Allen Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit is intended for shooters who need to clean and maintain a variety of handguns, rifles, and shotguns, and the toolbox has plenty of space for cleaning chemicals, extra patches, cleaning cloths, and extra jags or brushes.
This professional grade gun cleaning kit comes in a toolbox for portability and storage and is made of high-quality components. It is intended for shooters who need to carry a variety of firearms, including handguns, rifles, and shotguns.
- Gun cleaning kit of the highest quality.
- For portability, they are kept in a toolbox.
- Comes with high-quality components
- Fitted and labeled compartments aid in organization.
- Designed for the shooter who needs to keep multiple firearms on hand.
Hoppe’s 9 Deluxe Cleaning Kit 62108
This 62-piece universal cleaning kit contains almost everything a shooter could possibly want or need for his or her handgun, shotgun, or rifle.
The 9 Deluxe Cleaning Kit comes with 14 bronze bore brushes, 13 spear-point jags, nine cotton bore mops, and four patch holders to clean any bore between and. Barrels range from 17 rifle and.22 pistol to 10-gauge shotgun and.54 caliber muzzleloader bores.
It includes a two-ounce bottle of classic Hoppe’s #9 cleaning solvent and a two-ounce bottle of #9 gun oil to keep you cleaning and caring for your steel for years.
This kit also includes a locking, molded plastic storage case, a six-piece brass cleaning rod with T-handle, three rod adapters, three muzzle guards, three multi-purpose brushes (nylon, bronze, and steel bristles), four polishing cloths, and 25 patches in various sizes to get you started.
Aside from the high price, the only real drawback to this kit is the lack of any cleaning picks or firearm-specific tools, though mentioning this is a bit nitpicky. For most shooters, however, this Hoppe’s cleaning kit will last a lifetime.
- Designed for all-purpose cleaning
- A kit that is extremely versatile.
- Almost all of the extras are included.
- Brass cleaning rod with a T-handle
- Case for easy storage
M-Pro 7 Tactical Cleaning Kit 070-1505
The M-Pro 7 Tactical Cleaning Kit is an all-in-one compact, rugged, hardshell pack designed with tactical shooters in mind. This kit includes all of the products and tools required to clean and maintain weapons for maximum performance and reliability.
A 4 oz. bottle of M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner, an ammonia-free M-Pro 7 Copper Remover to remove stubborn copper fouling even on fast-cycling full-auto weapons, and M-Pro 7 Gun oil LPX for superior lubrication and corrosion protection or quick, one-step cleaning in the field are included.
A multi-section cleaning rod with a folding handle is also included, as are five high-quality bronze bore brushes to fit standard service pistol, rifle, and shotgun calibers, as well as plenty of 100 percent cotton twill cleaning patches and other accessories.
- A combat cleaning system
- Excellent Case.
- Gun Cleaner, Gun Oil LPX, and Copper Remover are all included.
- Cleaning Supplies included
Browning Universal Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit 12447
Browning Universal Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit is a comprehensive firearm cleaning kit housed in a sturdy polymer case for easy use, transport, and storage.
Everything required for gun cleaning, plus more. This is Browning’s most comprehensive gun cleaning kit, designed to clean and maintain shotguns, pistols, and rifles.
The industrial-grade polymer case opens flat for easy access to the assortment of cleaning rods, jags, mops, and brushes – ideal for detailed cleaning at home or quick range maintenance.
- Complete cleaning kit for firearms.
- Intended for cleaning and maintaining shotguns, pistols, and rifles
- Extremely beneficial for detailed cleaning
- Molded hard case with integrated handle and snap latches for industrial use.
Real Avid Handgun Cleaning Kit
The Real Avid Handgun Cleaning Kit is a compact, portable, well-organized pouch that stores easily and fits in your range bag. This all-in-one pistol maintenance kit contains everything you need to clean your gun quickly at home or at the range.
It has an ergonomic design, professional grade phosphor bronze brushes, nylon bore jags, and highly absorbent gun cleaning patches; all of the components are long lasting and well-organized, allowing you to spend less time cleaning and more time shooting.
The kit contains all of the tools needed to clean the bore. This compact set is easy to store or transport thanks to its light yet durable ballistic nylon zippered pouch. Its efficient organization enables you to use it efficiently on your workbench or in the field, on the range.
It’s ideal for new gun owners, range shooters, outdoorsmen, and hunters.
- Weather-resistant, long-lasting ballistic nylon sheath with zipper.
- Compact and portable, it fits in a range bag or a carry backpack.
- Every tool is neatly organized and securely snaps into place.
- Big functionality in a small, rugged package that fits easily into a pack or range bag.
- Complete handgun cleaning kit for pistols and revolvers.
Otis Elite Cleaning Kit FG-1000 Quantity
The Otis Elite is the most innovative gun cleaning system in the Otis line, designed for armorers but used by thousands of people. The Elite can maintain all rifles from.17 to.50 caliber, pistols from.17 to.50 caliber, shotguns from.410 to 12/10 gauge, and inline muzzleloaders.
There is no better way to keep your arsenal in prime condition. The Otis Elite starts with the 750 Tactical Cleaning System, which comes with a complete set of bronze bore and chamber cleaning brushes.
This gun cleaning kit is intended for advanced gun owners and contains one of the most comprehensive collections of cleaning tools available in any gun cleaning kit.
The bronze brushes are well-made, with the caliber engraved into the rod’s base. Every tool in this kit has its own compartment in the carrying bag.
The carrying bag is made of high-quality nylon, as is the zipper. The carrying case could be improved.
- Cleans all rifles/pistols/shotguns/inline muzzleloaders.
- For optics care, use a lens tissue, lens spray, a lens brush, and a lens cloth.
- Tactical cleaning kit in compact soft pack cases.
- Rust-proof nylon case in black.
- Guide to gun maintenance
- No-nonsense Warranty
- Made in the USA.
Breakthrough Clean Technologies Ammo Can Cleaning Kit
The Breakthrough Clean Technologies Ammo Can Cleaning Kit is a comprehensive universal cleaning kit designed to clean and maintain firearms ranging in caliber from.22 to 12 gauge.
It comes with a tough trainer toolkit box, a durable plastic ammo can style case, a bottle of their bestselling Military-Grade Solvent, a double-end nylon utility brush, durable cleaning rods, and more.
It is a little pricey, but it provides good value for money.
- Extremely effective at removing carbon and copper buildup
- Its chemicals do not have a strong odor.
- A complete universal cleaning kit
- Made from long-lasting materials.
Tipton Delta Series AR Compact Cleaning Kit
This high-quality cleaning kit puts the power to clean your rifle in your hands. If you travel frequently, clean at the range, or simply want to be more organized at home, the Tipton Delta Series AR Compact Cleaning Kit is an excellent choice.
This kit comes in a semi-rigid zippered carry case and is compatible with.22 and.30 caliber rifles.
A collapsible cleaning rod with a rotating T-handle, stainless steel cleaning rod, AR chamber brush, multifunction bolt scraper, and more are included in this cleaning kit.
- It’s tough enough to take anywhere.
- For use with rifles chambered in.22 or.30 caliber.
- An AR magazine pouch fits into a semi-rigid carry case.
Benefits of Professional Gun Cleaning Kits
- Boost the longevity of firearm: A gun cleaning kit, when purchased and used properly, will extend the life of your firearm. When the firing pin ignites the primer, carbon residue, minuscule pieces of copper and lead, and corrosive chemical traces are left behind in and around the chamber and barrel.If it isn’t cleaned properly, it can cause pitting, rust, and other negative consequences over time.
- Helps you understand your weapon: Cleaning your gun improves your knowledge of the weapon as well as your basic troubleshooting skills, which is useful if your weapon jams, double feeds, or otherwise malfunctions at the range.
- Strengthen reliability: Keeping your gun clean will improve its performance and thus its dependability. Dirt collects moisture and wears down parts over time, so the sooner you get rid of it, the less damage it can cause.
- Protection from moisture: Moisture is the enemy of firearm preservation. Condensation on your gun will render it useless over time. This is typical when shooting outside in cold weather and then returning inside to warm up. Flooding can occur due to rain, snow, fog, or saltwater. Salt water is a much more serious problem, and if you’re shooting near a large body of salt water, salt can accumulate in the air, which you must learn how to avoid.
The Components of a Gun Cleaning Kits
Bronze Brushes – Each kit includes several bronze brushes. To remove heavy carbon buildup, the bronze brush is typically used as a first pass down the barrel. High-quality bronze is used to make the best brushes.
Nylon Brush – Brushes made of nylon are included in larger cleaning kits. These are intended for use on sensitive parts of the gun where the bronze brush would be ineffective. Nylon brushes are made to reach carved areas and other difficult-to-reach areas.
Cleaning Jag – A cotton cleaning patch is placed in the center of the jag and a 360-degree clean with bore surfaces is possible. It is critical to remove all solvent, as it can dry out and cause the metal to rust.
Slotted Patch Holder – Instead of a cleaning jag, many kits will include a patch holder that serves the same purpose as the cleaning jag. The cotton on the end is used in the same way as the jag to help remove access solvent.
Cleaning Swab – A cleaning swab, also known as a gun mop, is made of cotton and is used to remove any residue left in the barrel. After you’ve removed all of the buildup, the cleaning swab is excellent for removing access oil from the barrel of your gun.
Cotton swabs -are a popular cleaning and detailing tool for all firearms. The long wood handles allow them to be easily pushed down a barrel and applied more pressure. Cotton swabs with 6′′ wooden handles and cotton tips are typically sold in packs of 100.
Cleaning patches – place them on the end of the cleaning jag or in the slotted patch holder after dipping them in your preferred cleaning solvent. With a jag, you slowly push it through the chambers. Patches come in a variety of fabrics, some of which are thinner than others, so pay attention to the details when shopping for them.
Brushes with Two Ends – These are toothbrush-style brushes that you can use to clean the exterior of your firearms, similar to the brushes that come with your cleaning rod. They’re made of stainless steel, nylon, and brass, among other materials.
Rods for Cleaning – The cleaning rod, arguably the most important tool in your gun cleaning kit, is used to connect all of the above components. Cleaning rods are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and materials.
Cleaning Solvent – (also known as CLP) is used to clean, lubricate, and protect your firearm. Please see our gun cleaning solvent guide to learn more about the importance of a good CLP. There are many different types of solvents, and you should be familiar with them all.
Bore Snake – Many people believe that all you need to clean your gun is a bore snake kit and some cleaning solvent. That is not the case! After each firing, clean the bore snake with a bore snake. Each bore snake is made to fit the caliber of your gun.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can you make your own gun cleaning kit?
The best gun cleaning kit is one you assemble yourself. Of course, you can start with a universal gun cleaning kit and work your way up, but don’t be afraid to change the components, container, or combination of other elements to meet your specific needs.
How often should you clean gun?
As a general rule, cleaning your gun after each trip to the shooting range is a good idea. Defensive firearms that aren’t used frequently should be cleaned on a regular basis as well. Give them a thorough cleaning and inspection once a month.
What should I look for in a gun cleaning kit?
A good gun cleaning kit should include a cleaning rod or pull-cable made of aluminum, brass, or coated steel, caliber-specific bore brushes and jags for pushing patches, a handle brush, and cleaning patches. Even better if it includes solvent and oil.
As you can see, in order to properly clean and maintain your firearms, you need the right cleaning equipment (solvents, brushes, oils, etc.), and having it all organized in a complete cleaning kit is extremely helpful.
The best professional gun cleaning kit for you will most likely be determined by your specific requirements. There are numerous excellent kits and tools available, as well as a wide range of users.
We hope this helps you know what to look for when buying a professional gun cleaning kit or improving the gun cleaning supplies you already have.