Best Self Propelled Electric Lawn Mower For Small Yard
We’ll look at some of the best self-propelled electric lawn mowers in this buying guide, which are suitable for any modern gardener with a small yard. Mowing your lawn should be enjoyable and less stressful in today’s world. A self-propelled lawnmower is the most convenient way to accomplish this.
Here are some of the best self-propelled electric lawn mowers to choose from, whether you’re a new homeowner looking for a lawnmower or a seasoned gardener looking for an upgrade.
Best Self Propelled Electric Lawn Mower For Small Yard -Our Favorites
Snapper HD 48V MAX Cordless Electric 20-Inch Lawn Mower Kit
This self-propelled lawn mower is both functional and dependable. This lawn mower provides maximum mowing efficiency with a runtime of up to 60 minutes. This run time, however, varies depending on the type of lawn you have. It may take you less than 60 minutes if the terrain is uneven and there are multiple obstacles.
The 20″ cutting deck is rustproof and extremely durable. Mulching, bagging, and side discharge are all included in the package. In one of seven positions, you can adjust the cutting height to fit your ideal lawn height. Another big plus for this lawn mower is the smart load-sensing technology.
This technology adjusts the motor’s speed based on the type and thickness of the grass. This improves cutting performance with a variety of grass types. When it comes to storage, this mower can be stored vertically. If you have a small shed or a garage that is overflowing, this will help you save space.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time with 5 Ah Battery under light loads
- 3-in-1 mulch/bag/side-discharge options on 20-inch steel deck so you can mow to your preferred style
- Intelligent load sensing technology which allows for optimum power levels while you mow for maximum efficiency
- Single lever, 7 height-of-cut adjustment for ideal lawn height
- Large 1.6 bushel bagger (2.1 cu-ft.) to collect grass clippings
- Vertical Storage capabilities to easily store and save space in your garage or shed
- Push-button starting to easily start your mower
- Compatible with Briggs and Stratton 48V Max 2 Ah and 5 Ah batteries – Lithium-ion power from a name you can trust
- Brushless Motor Technology for high efficiency output
Greenworks 40V 21 inch Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower
If you’re on a tight budget, the Greenworks 40V 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawn Mower is an excellent option. It is simple to use and extremely efficient. This self-propelled lawn mower has an impact-resistant 21″ cutting deck with 3-in-1 versatility, including mulching, bagging, and side discharge. Its cutting height can also be adjusted into seven different positions. This improves cutting performance with various grass types.
In terms of operation, this lawn mower provides a quiet and noise-free mowing experience. It has a high-efficiency brushless motor that delivers more torque, a longer lifespan, and quiet operation. The variable speed rear-wheel drive is another impressive feature of this lawn mower. You can thus control its speed based on your mowing abilities and the type of terrain.
You also get a dual battery port design, which allows you to store one backup battery while the other is in use. You don’t have to rush to the garage to get another battery if the battery runs out before you finish your work.
- Highly efficient brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation and longer life
- Durable steel 21″ cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- The convenient 3-in-1 cutting deck lets you choose your cut finish from mulching, bagging or side discharge
- Self-propelled drive system with variable speed rear-wheel drive lets you easily maneuver and tackle any terrain
- Single lever 7-position height adjustment from 1-3/8” to 3-3/4”
- No gasoline, no pull cord, no spark plug, no maintenance
- Hassle free push button start
- Includes 5.0 Ah battery & charger
- 3 Year Limited Tool Warranty
Makita XML08Z 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 21″ Self-Propelled Commercial Lawn Mower
If you want a self-propelled lawnmower with more runtime, consider the Makita XML08Z Self-Propelled Lawn Mower. It has a four-bay battery system for twice the runtime of other similar mowers.
This lawnmower is designed for environmentally conscious gardeners and emits no gas or fumes. It’s also extremely quiet, so you can mow your lawn without disturbing anyone. This mower, which is powered by two 18V batteries, can mow small and medium-sized lawns up to 1/2 acre. It also has a variable self-propulsion speed, making it suitable for users with varying mowing experience.
When it comes to construction, this mower’s durability and lifespan are unrivaled. It has a commercial-grade steel deck that is both strong and rustproof. Furthermore, the entire body is weather-resistant for long-term durability.
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts with reduced maintenance and low noise levels
- Self-propelled with variable speed (1.5 MPH – 3 MPH)
- 4 bay battery system for 2 times more run time
- Powered by (2) 18V LXT batteries with the option to insert (2) additional batteries for extended run time
- Commercial-grade steel deck
- 3-in-1 design allows for mulching, bagging or side discharge
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 2,800 RPM for faster cutting
- Quiet mode reduces noise by providing constant speed control at 2,300 RPM
- Single lever quickly adjusts cutting height (1-1/4” – 4”)
- Grass catcher bag holds up to 2 bushels of grass
- Rubberized soft grip handle bar for added comfort
- IPX4 weather-resistant construction for durability and long life
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Batteries and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
Greenworks 48V 21″ Brushless Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
If you want a powerful and efficient lawnmower, the Greenworks 48V Brushless Self-Propelled Mower is an excellent choice. This low-cost lawnmower has a self-propelled rare wheel drive that allows for easy maneuverability across a variety of terrains. It also has a variable speed control for maximum control and maneuverability.
This lawn mower was designed with eco-conscious gardeners in mind, and it operates quietly and emits no gas or oil. The highly efficient brushless motor offers quiet operation as well as increased runtime and torque.
This mower is suitable for small and medium-sized lawns and has a continuous runtime of 70 minutes. It also has a heavy-duty 21″ steel cutting deck to help you finish the job faster and more efficiently.
This lawn mower has bright LED headlights for added convenience. This allows you to mow the lawn at night or in the early morning. The handles can be folded for compact storage when not in use. You can also position it vertically to save space.
- Two 24V PowerAll batteries combine for 48-Volts of exceptional, better than gas power – without leaving the 24V battery platform – plus two onboard backup batteries
- 4-port battery system is powered by (2) 24V batteries – when the first set of batteries are depleted, it automatically switches over to the second set of batteries for 2X the run time
- Highly efficient brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation and longer life
- Up to 70 minutes of run-time* with 4 fully charged 4.0 Ah USB Batteries
- Self-propelled rear wheel drive and variable speed control for maximum traction, maneuverability & control
- 4-in-1 System – Mulch, Rear Bagging, Side Discharge, and Turbo Button for leaf pickup, premium striping and maximum power
- 7-position single lever height adjustment makes height adjustment quick & easy
- Vertical storage – storing vertically takes up 70% less storage space
- Bright LED headlights for mowing at dawn or dusk
- Includes (4) 4.0 Ah USB batteries & (2) dual-port chargers
- USB port in battery charges all portable electronic devices, including phones and tablets
- 3 Year Limited Tool & Battery Warranty
EGO Power+ LM2130SP 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Select Cut Lawn Mower
This is one of the most dependable lawn mowers on the market today. This mower comes with two interchangeable cutting blades, including a premium mulching blade and a premium bagging blade. Depending on the desired cut, you can swap out the blades.
This mower is powered by a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 56V and a runtime of up to 60 minutes. However, depending on the condition of your lawn, the runtime may vary. This self-propelled mower also has a tough 21″ cutting deck with three functions: mulching, bagging, and side discharge.
Its cutting height can also be adjusted to seven different positions. This improves cutting performance with various grass types.
This mower has touch drive self-propelled technology for self-propulsion. You only have to steer and guide the mower. Furthermore, a variable speed dial conveniently located at your fingertips allows you to control its speed.
- Select Cut Multi-Blade System for customizable cutting performance that exceeds gas
- Touch Drive Self Propelled Technology puts complete control in the palm of your hands
- Get 60 minutes of run time on single charge when used with the recommended 56V 7.5 Ah ARC Lithium battery
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- Adjustable self-propel speed .9 MPH – 3.1 MPH
- 7-position cutting height adjustments: 1.5″- 4″
- 3-in-1 function: mulching, bagging, side discharge
- Quick and easy push-button start
- 21″ deck
- Bright LED headlights
- 1-handed height adjustment
- Weather resistant construction
- Folds for compact storage
- Easy-access 2-bushel grass collection bag
- Includes Mulching blade, High Lift Bagging blade, Extended Run Time blade and Upper Blade
- 60-minute charge time when used with the recommended 7.5 Ah ARC Lithium battery and Power+ Rapid Charger
- Compatible with all EGO 56V ARC Lithium™ batteries.
- 5-Year Tool Warranty
Best Self Propelled Electric Lawn Mower For Small Yard Buyer’s Guide
Electric lawn mowers that self-propel are either battery-powered or plugged into a power source. Because there are no cords, battery-powered lawn mowers are extremely safe to use. However, they have a limited battery life that must be recharged when it runs out.
On the other hand, cordless lawn mowers have no time limit. You have complete freedom to connect them and take as much time as you want. The main drawback is that they can only go as far as your extension cord will allow. A major safety hazard is the electric cord.
If you choose a battery-powered self-propelled lawn mower, pay attention to how long it takes to recharge the battery. Some batteries charge quickly, taking less than an hour to fully charge. Other models require more than an hour to fully recharge.
The run time is another important factor to keep an eye on. The more time the program has to run, the better. The majority of battery-powered self-propelled lawn mowers last 30-60 minutes.
The state of your yard, on the other hand, will affect the overall runtime. It will drain the battery faster if you have a yard with thick, overgrown grass or an uneven yard with multiple slopes.
This indicates how much grass you can cut in one pass. In general, a wider cutting width is preferable. With a large cutting deck, you can mow a large lawn in less time. However, because of the increased grass resistance, lawnmowers with large cutting decks are more difficult to push.
If your lawn is uneven and has multiple corners or obstacles, a lawnmower with a smaller cutting deck is recommended. These mowers are easier to maneuver around bends and corners because they are lighter.
The ability to adjust the cutting height of the lawnmower is another important feature to look for. The number of height settings on the mower should also be considered. The adjustable-height setting on most electric lawnmowers is between 5-7. Examine how simple it is to switch between them as well. A push-button is used in some models, while a simple lever is used in others.
FAQs On The Best Self Propelled Electric Lawn Mower For Small Yard
What size lawn mower do I need for a small yard?
Mowers with a gas engine typically have a width of 20 to 30 inches, with models on the lower end of that range being ideal for smaller yards. Electric lawn mowers come in widths ranging from 15 to 21 inches, making them ideal for small yards. For a reel-style mower, the same range applies.
Which is better gas or electric lawn mower?
The best thing about electric models is how low-maintenance they are. All you have to do now is keep the blades sharp and the mower’s undercarriage clean.
Regular maintenance is required to keep gas-powered motors in good working order. Any replacement parts may be charged separately by service centers. The barrel, rings, and pistons, the fuel filter, fuel line, carburetor, blades, and drive shafts are just a few of the working parts in your lawnmower that require regular maintenance.
What is brushless lawn mower?
A brushless lawn mower is simply something that is powered by a brushless mower that automatically adjusts to the amount of power required for the task. Because there is no heat application, these brushless lawnmowers generate comparatively less heat while delivering exceptional performance thanks to the use of magnets.
Everyone, including the elderly, can operate these gardening machines. They’ll make your mowing sessions less stressful and more enjoyable because they propel themselves. Invest in any of the models listed above to have the most attractive and healthy lawn possible.
You have good options when it comes to selecting the best self-propelled electric lawn mower for a small yard. We hope you find a mower you like!