Table of Contents
- 1 Best Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges- Our Favorites
- 1.1 Sun Joe 21-in 4-Amp Multi-Angle Electric Telescoping Pole Hedge Trimmer
- 1.2 BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- 1.3 Greenworks 20-Inch 24V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- 1.4 Earthwise LPHT12022 Volt 20-Inch Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- 1.5 DEWALT 20V MAX* Hedge Trimmer
- 1.6 Greenworks 40V 8-inch Cordless Pole Saw with Hedge Trimmer
- 1.7 GARCARE Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer Corded – 4.8Amp
- 1.8 Greenworks 40V 20-Inch Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- 2 How To Sharpen A Hedge Trimmer
- 3 Advantages of Hedge Trimmers
- 4 Disadvantages of Hedge Trimmers
- 5 Best Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges Buyer’s Guide
- 6 Conclusion
Best Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges
When your property’s hedges reach a certain size, trimming them using a standard handheld hedge trimmer becomes nearly impossible; here is when one of these Best Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges comes in handy.
You’ll need a hedge trimmer made specifically for tall hedges to deal with these overgrown hedges. You may easily trim tall hedges with this equipment.
So let’s look at our top best hedge trimmers for tall hedges
Best Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges- Our Favorites
Sun Joe 21-in 4-Amp Multi-Angle Electric Telescoping Pole Hedge Trimmer
With a durable 21″ hardened steel blade that allows you to reach higher and sweep further with each pass for a perfectly sheared shrub, you can maximize your reach while minimizing movement.
You can do it with the help of this tool! The machine features a powerful 4-amp motor and a multi-angle pivoting head for precise trimming of most tall bushes and hedges.
- For controlled and precise trimming of bushes and hedges, this tool has a 7″ cutting capacity.
- Head pivots and adjusts to get under and above tall hedges.
- The motor is a powerful 4 amp motor.
- For maximum performance and durability, use a 21-inch hardened steel dual-action blade.
- Cutting tall bushes, hedges, and shrubs is a breeze with this tool.
- 9 ft to 13 ft telescopic pole
- Head that can be adjusted and pivots.
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Trimming tall hedges and shrubs, as well as pruning over and around obstacles, necessitates stability, control, and comfort.
This cordless pole hedge trimmer can do just that. This hedge trimmer has been designed to be both comfortable and simple to use because trimming hard-to-reach areas can be exhausting.
Available in different styles
- 20V Hedge Trimmer (Tool Only)
- 20V Hedge Trimmer Kit
- Kit w/ Gloves
- Kit w/ Leaf Collection Bin
- Kit w/ Safety Glasses
- Kit w/ extra 2.0 AH Battery/3.0 AH Battery/4.0AH battery
- Hedge trimmers, shrub trimmers, and bush trimmers are all great for trimming hedges, shrubs, and bushes.
- Unintentional start-up is avoided by using the lock-off switch.
- 8-inch dual-action blades that reduce vibration by 40% when cutting branches
- Because it is lightweight, it is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-placed, and difficult-to-reach hedges and shrubs.
- 22-inch dual-action blade for extended reach Cuts branches up to 34 inches thick
Greenworks 20-Inch 24V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
This Greenworks 20-Inch 24V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer provides versatility for DIY projects with a variety of tools to choose from. This hedge trimmer is a show-stopper, and you’ll adore it.
- A 24V Lithium-Ion battery powers the device.
- For controlled and easy trimming of your bushes and hedges, this tool has a 5/8-inch cutting capacity.
- Trim at multiple angles with the 3 position pivoting head and extended reach handle.
- Steel dual action blade with a 20-inch length for maximum performance and durability.
- Electric start is available right away.
Earthwise LPHT12022 Volt 20-Inch Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
You can reach high branches without a ladder with this Earthwise hedge trimmer. With the help of the 9’5″ extension pole with a 6-position adjustment head, cutting branches and limbs is now more precise and safer.
Nonetheless, because it has a shoulder strap, this hedge trimmer makes yard work more enjoyable. It also works on batteries.
- Cutting branches up to 5/8″ thick is easy with this 20″ dual-action blade.
- Battery-powered for cutting high and difficult-to-reach branches and limbs.
- Cordless design that is portable and easy to use.
- Hedge trimmer with an extension pole that adjusts to six different positions.
- Its high-efficiency motor is powered by a 20 Volt 2.0Ah lithium-ion battery.
DEWALT 20V MAX* Hedge Trimmer
This model carries Dewalt’s reputation for quality and power. It can cut branches up to 1 inch thick, which is significantly more than the average for this class. They do so at a much lighter weight as well, so Dewalt deserves credit for the quality of their construction.
This Pole Hedge Trimmer is made to slash through a variety of overgrowth in the landscape. The pole hedge trimmer features a high-output motor and 22-inch hardened steel laser-cut blades for clean, quick cuts on branches up to 1 inch thick.
The 1800 articulating head with 7 positions allows you to customize cutting angles for hedges of any shape or size. When fully extended, the pole hedge trimmer has a maximum reach of 12 feet.
- Cutting angles can be customized for hedges of any shape and size with the 7-position, 1800; articulating head.
- For superior cutting performance, a 1 in. cutting capacity is recommended.
- The maximum reach is 12 feet.
- Fast cutting with 2800 spm with a 22-inch hardened steel laser cut dual action blade.
- Cutting performance on thick branches requires a 1 in. cutting gap.
Greenworks 40V 8-inch Cordless Pole Saw with Hedge Trimmer
This hedge trimmer is ideal for homeowners who want to create the ideal outdoor space. It delivers outstanding performance with long runtimes to complete any task quickly, quietly, efficiently, and without emitting any emissions.
Life is made a whole lot easier with this hedge trimmer!
With a 3.0 Ah Battery or a 2.0 Ah Battery, the 18 and 20-inch models are available.
- Variable speed trigger and cushioned over-mold grip
- USB port in battery charges all electronic devices Shaft extension: 6.5 feet
- Most gas attachments, as well as Greenworks-branded attachments, are compatible.
- For quieter, torque operation, use a brushless motor.
- Cutting capacity of 5/8-inch
- Cutting swath of 14″ with dual lines. For quick and easy line advancement, use the 080″/ vamp feed head.
- 3 pivoting positions
GARCARE Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer Corded – 4.8Amp
This 4.8A 2-in-1 pole and portable hedge trimmer is a very powerful and dependable tool for trimming hedges and shrubs.
The pole hedge trimmer can reach a length of over 9 feet and easily converts to a handheld trimmer, allowing you to save a lot of money on garden maintenance.
- 6-position pivoting head Aluminum telescoping tube with extension to 9 feet for long reach trimming Front and rear handles with soft rubber grip make it comfortable to trim
- The cord is secured with a cord lock, which prevents the cord from being disconnected.
- Cutting capacity of 3/4 inch
- 20-inch rust-resistant hardened steel laser cutting blade for clean, fast cutting
Greenworks 40V 20-Inch Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
Greenworks 40V 20″ Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer is ideal for yards up to 1/2 acre. Greenworks 40V tools are lightweight, start instantaneously, and require almost no maintenance – no gas, no oil, no mess – while still providing gas-like power.
For more reach, the telescoping shaft extends to 6.5 feet. For ease of usage, it’s lightweight and well-balanced. Operator comfort is enhanced with cushioned and over-molded grips.
- 20″ steel dual action blade for optimal performance and durability
- 5/8″ cutting capacity for controlled, easy trimming of most bushes and hedges
- Hassle free push button start
- 8-position pivoting head adjusts blade for trimming at all angles to get under and above tall hedges
- Tool only, battery & charger sold separately
- 3 Year Limited Tool Warranty
How To Sharpen A Hedge Trimmer
A hedge trimmer can be sharpened in a variety of ways. You can easily sharpen your hedge trimmer from the comfort of your own home if you have a power grinder.
- To begin, make sure you’re dressed appropriately.
- Second, secure the hedge trimmer’s bar in a bench vice to ensure that it is stable, and then begin grinding.
- Then, while maintaining the same angle of grinding, use a grinder.
- Repeat the procedure on each tooth until the bar is reached.
NOTE: You must be careful not to grind off too much material from the blade, as this will reduce its durability.
Advantages of Hedge Trimmers
Simple to work with: They’re much more comfortable to use over time, making gardening more enjoyable.
Operation is quiet: This means you can maintain your hedges while working in a pleasant environment. This eliminates the need for ear protection during operation in the vast majority of cases.
Allow you to maintain a safe standing position while trimming tall hedges: As a result, the use of shaky ladders is no longer necessary. This greatly reduces the chances of an accident while working on a difficult hedge maintenance job.
Optional pruner attachments are compatible: This enables you to quickly transition from hedge trimming to pruning damaged tree branches and other woody vegetation. The hedge trimmers’ versatility makes them even more important for anyone doing difficult landscape maintenance work or who has a large and varied garden.
Exceptionally light: These hedge trimmers are lightweight and well-balanced, allowing you to move around with ease. Reaching up and around tall or large hedges and bushes becomes easier as a result.
Disadvantages of Hedge Trimmers
- Battery power is limited.
You may find yourself needing to take a break in the middle of a project to recharge your battery. As a result, you’ll have to wait at least an hour, if not longer, for your battery to be fully charged.
Best Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges Buyer’s Guide
Control comes from having a good balance. The tool’s handle, and thus its pivot point, is likely to be mounted directly in front of the engine. Take the time to get to know the hedge trimmer you’re considering.
Fit the harness and get a sense of the hedge trimmer’s balance. Make sure it’s simple to use and that you’re comfortable with it.
Excessive vibration is not only hazardous to one’s health, but it also makes using a hedge trimmer for any length of time unpleasant. Choose a hedge trimmer with the least amount of vibration.
When it comes to power tools, weight is a crucial consideration. Your chosen machine will be devoid of fuel. After 20 minutes of continuous use, what appears to be a lightweight hedge trimmer may appear to be quite heavy. It’s best to look for units that are less than 8kg dry weight.
The length of the shaft
The reach of a hedge trimmer is determined by the length of the shaft. It should go without saying that the unit you choose should allow you to cut the hedges while keeping your feet firmly planted on the ground and still be manageable.
How confident is the manufacturer in the product’s quality? Premium brands are now willing to provide up to a five-year warranty on their products.
Our thorough and informative Right Hedge Trimmers for Tall Hedges List will assist you in making the best decision.
We also hope you are able to find one that meets your requirements.