Best Tactical Folding Knives in the Market
The greatest tactical folding knife does more than just cut through commonplace materials, like many tactical equipment. This device can also be used as a self-defense weapon and an emergency tool for shattering seatbelts and car windows. Anyone can use this tool, including members of law enforcement, campers, hunters, and many other people.
You should search for a knife that is reliable and sturdy while looking for the top tactical folding knives available. Folding knives are made to make it simpler for you to carry them securely.
We have conducted research and chosen some of the most dependable and long-lasting tactical folding knives now on the market so that you may choose the best one with ease.
Let’s first examine the different kinds of folding knives.
Types of Folding Knives
- Traditional folding knives
They are pointed, strong, and slim enough to fit in the owner’s front pocket of his jeans. These common ancestral objects are distinguished by traditional design elements like bone handles and polished blades. Due of their size, blades are typically opened with two hands.
- Tactical folding knives
This is the place to shop if you require materials that are weatherproof, seamless operation, and a straightforward blade. Tactical folding knives are strong enough to cut through dense underbrush, sharp enough to slice through anything from 550 rope to MRE wrappers, and durable enough to endure a beating.
- Spring-assisted folding knives
Many knives created for military use feature a mechanism that facilitates one-handed opening. Some spring-assisted knives may be opened by pressing a button, as opposed to the usual wrist flick you’re usually used to. Researching local knife laws is always a good idea, but chances are you won’t have any issues with this particular blade.
Best Tactical Folding Knives in the Market- Our Detailed Review
Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops SWA24S 7.1in S.S. Folding Knife
The SWA24S is one of Smith & Wesson’s high-end tactical knives that we appreciate. It may be carried in the pocket or on the hand because to its small size.
The high-carbon stainless steel blade made of 7Cr17MoV has razor-sharp edges that are perfect for cutting small things. More importantly, the liner lock is positioned precisely beneath the blade where it has to be to keep it steady.
The metal handle has a textured surface to prevent slippage. Finger indentations make it easier to hold on while doing a difficult cutting task. The knife is even easier to transport when traveling thanks to a pocket clip that is securely attached onto the frame.
The knife has a good weight that gives the impression that it is constructed of high-quality metal. Because you can open the knife with with one hand, we enjoy that it has ambidextrous thumb knobs. When the tool is opened, you will be taken aback by the excellent center balance, which is a sign of a superior knife.
- Just the correct size to fit on the hand and in a pocket.
- The razor-sharp edges of the 7Cr17MoV blade can be used to cut a seatbelt.
- Right underneath the blade is a liner lock that stabilizes it.
- A metal handle with textured surface and finger indentations offers a secure grip.
- Built with a pocket clip for convenience and thumb knobs that are simple to open.
- Shows excellence with appropriate weight and balance.
- The finger flipper needs time to break in.
Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocketknife
A special folding knife with a partially serrated blade that is suitable for a variety of tasks is the Kershaw Blur, Glassbreaker Steel Blade Folding Knife.
Even the hardest and most fibrous materials can be sliced with the knife. You get a lot of cutting force from it for both the pull and push strokes. It is a top tactical folding knife thanks to these and other qualities.
For increased durability, 14C8N steel was used to make the blade. It is without a doubt that you will like the model’s endurance. Even when cutting through the hardest materials, the blade is sharp and will endure a long time.
It has a lock system that makes sure the knife deploys and closes without any difficulty. The blade is simple to deploy with one hand.
One of the greatest tactical knives available, the knife’s handle features Tri-Tec inlays for a secure grip and consistently top performance. No matter the weather, the inserts help keep the knife from slipping from your grasp.
- It is a tactical folding knife with a wide range of uses.
- The knife is portable and lightweight.
- It has a lock system that makes sure the knife deploys and closes without any difficulty.
- Tri-Tec inserts on the knife’s handle provide a secure grip and keep the blade from slipping from your hand in any weather.
- The knife has a clip that might be more suitable for EDC.
CRKT M16-10KSF EDC Folding Pocket Knife
The CRKT M16 folding knife is more durable, adaptable, and inexpensive than its 2.7-ounce weight would imply. The blade is smaller than earlier models that were intended for combat use, but it still has the well-known tanto tip and serrated part.
The large thumb tabs on this knife are what make it distinctive. These aid in the blade’s opening motion and, when locked in the open position, make a useful hilt.
Although it’s too little for extensive field or battle use, having tools for various jobs is perfectly acceptable.
- The mobile stainless steel pocket clip makes carrying and accessing items easy.
- A strong, stiff handle/frame construction is durable but still manages to be small enough to be carried with little effect.
- On the M16-10KSF, the double flipper functions as a good blade guard when it is open.
- Automated Liner Safety offers the best protection.
- It has a recognizable handle shape.
- Unexpectedly, it is smaller.
Spyderco Para Military 2 Signature Maxamet Folding Knife
A great blade can be exactly what the doctor ordered if you’re looking for one, as demonstrated by the Spyderco Para Military 2. A compact handle with excellent ergonomics fits well in hands of all sizes.
The enlarged thumb hole makes it simple to consistently execute that wonderful opening flick. The blade is already sharp out of the box, and Spyderco uses steel that is simple to maintain for at-home sharpeners.
This is a steadfast EDC that feels at home in the city or the wilderness. This knife can accomplish pretty much everything and will save you money.
- Manufactured with Maxamet, a very tough high-speed powdered tool steel.
- Delivers a strength combination that is unmatched.
- It is encased in a handle made of G-10 scales with a dark gray textured finish.
- Nested stainless steel liners that serve as the framework for its powerful Compression Lock system.
- A flexible pocket clip with four positions.
- A large lined lanyard hole completes the design and accommodates all potential carry options.
- Exceptionally light.
- Outstanding ergonomics.
- Superior construction.
- One-handed, effortless opening.
- simple to maintain
- A little on the expensive side.
- Absence of choil for sharpening
Smith & Wesson Border Guard 10in High Carbon S.S. Folding Knife
One dependable folding tactical knife to carry for work and play is the Smith & Wesson Border Guard. This particular type has a sturdy clip that makes the knife accessible and is quite large.
This knife is quite durable and can take a lot of punishment. A rescue knife should feel a little weighty and strong in the hands, and the 7Cr17MoV stainless steel blade does just that. Due to its serration and blood grooves, it is even sharp enough to whittle wood or cut twine when hunting.
With a light touch and a flick of the wrist, the knife easily opens. The knife’s ambidextrous thumb knobs make one-handed use possible. The liner lock ensures that the blade won’t shut on a person’s fingers.
This tactical folder knife’s black aluminum handle, along with the Trac-Tec inlays, provides a superb, grippy grip. A glass breaker for breaking thin glass in an emergency and a rope cutter are located on the upper rear. It contains a lanyard eyelet so you may keep the knife around your wrist and prevent loss.
- Big, durable, and equipped with a clip for quick access.
- Includes a liner lock for security and a strong 7Cr17MoV stainless steel blade.
- Serrations and blood grooves make it extremely sharp.
- The aluminum handle has Trac-Tec inserts to improve grip.
- Easy to open with ambidextrous knobs and a little wrist flick.
- Comes equipped with a glass breaker, a rope cutter, and a lanyard eyelet.
- The handle has a little rough texture.
Steinbrucke Tactical Knife Pocket Knife Folding Stainless Steel 8Cr13Mov
The Steinbruke by Volstorm, with its premium materials and adaptability, is one of the best tactical folding knives available. This particular type is a reliable pocket knife that may be used for self-defense and tactical situations without breaking the bank.
The 8Cr13Mov blade made of German stainless steel is very sharp and can cut through numerous materials. We appreciate the sturdy locking system since it prevents the blade from rocking back and forth. Thankfully, there is a flipper to prevent your fingers from touching the blade when using the knife.
The aluminum handle is incredibly sturdy and comfortable to hold. We believe the glass breaker’s effectiveness in breaking windows is due to the knife’s substantial weight.
For speedier blade opening, the spring action seems to function well with just a flick of the wrist. You may carry this knife comfortably almost anyplace with the pocket clip, including at work and in the woods and during camping trips.
- Comes at a fair price and is versatile.
- Constructed with a blade made of German 8Cr13Mov stainless steel.
- The sturdy locking mechanism prevents the blade from swaying.
- Contains a flipper to shield hands and is rather heavy.
- Window glass breaker and seatbelt cutter are both on a sturdy metal handle.
- The spring assist makes it simple to open, and the clip makes it simple to carry.
- The rope cutter appears to be too small for thick ropes.
Grand Way Spring Assisted Knife – Pocket Folding Knife – Military Style
If you need a knife that is portable and lightweight, the Grand Way spring-assisted knife is ideal. This military-style folding knife has a great clip that fits neatly in a jeans pocket or even on a sharp suit.
The 440C stainless steel blade is extremely sharp and is simple to restore to life. The blade form in a camp is just adequate to handle any light to medium cutting tasks. The liner lock prevents the knife from closing on you, so you shouldn’t be concerned about cutting your fingers.
We are really happy with the folding knife’s spring assist because it opens the knife easily and smoothly. Just a little pressure is required, allowing you to maintain a firm grasp on the aluminum handle at all times. Additionally, there are several thumb studs to aid in opening the blade quickly during a fight with just your thumb.
- Lightweight and allowed to be carried in New York for self-defense.
- With a tiny end near it for opening bottles, the pocket clip glides into jeans with ease.
- To stop the blade from accidently opening, clip it upside down.
- The blade of a sharp 440C stainless steel can handle light to medium jobs and can be quickly honed.
- Blade movement is prevented by a lock liner.
- Thumb studs and a spring assist make it simple to open.
- Bolt might come loose.
Snake Eye Tactical Everyday Carry Karambit Style Ultra Smooth One Hand Opening Folding Pocket Knife
One of the most stylish pocket knives available right now comes from Snake Eye. This is a super sharp, folding karambit-style fighting knife that can be used mostly for combat or cutting the toughest materials.
This knife isn’t just for chopping things up; it also has a raised tip that may be used to smash glasses or as a screwdriver. Being made entirely of stainless steel, the knife is durable. The item features a clip, making it simple to put it in a pocket.
Applying a little gravity makes it reasonably simple to open the knife with the spring assist. To open it securely, you just need to pinch the blade and snap the knife downward.
- Has a clip for convenient carrying and a stylish karambit design.
- Sharp, enormous claw blade can sever bones and cut through the hardest materials.
- Built with a raised endpoint that can be used as a screwdriver or to break glass.
- Made entirely of stainless steel, which appears to be long-lasting.
- The usage of tactical gloves is made possible by a large finger retaining ring.
- The spring assist makes it simple to open, and the reverse grip shape makes it simple to use.
- It may be slippery when wet.
Cold Steel Recon 1 Series Tactical Folding Knife with Tri-Ad Lock and Pocket Clip
One of the best overbuilt folding knives for rigorous use is the Recon 1 Series. It is both small enough to carry around and big enough for use in warfare.
A blade made of S35VN steel is superior at maintaining its edge. This particular variant is particularly adaptable because of the spear point on the blade. Anything can be done with it, including gutting fish and cutting ropes and other materials.
Its TriAd lock provides a very audible click sound to let me know when it is securely locked. Thankfully, the G10 handle is slightly grippy rather than abrasive like sandpaper. We appreciate that the knife isn’t very weighty for its size.
- It is lightweight and fastens to the front pocket.
- Does not require the thumb studs to be reversed.
- Has a flat-head screwdriver-accessible cutout on the left side.
- Built with a blade made of sharpenable S35VN steel.
- Has a spear point that can cut and pierce anything.
- Designed with a gripping G10 handle and a tight-locking TriAd lock.
- A little difficult to open the blade
SOG Escape Tactical Folding Knife- 3.4 Inch Serrated Edge Blade Emergency Pocket Knife
A good tactical folding knife with a glass breaker and an additional line cutter is the SOG Escape. This one can perform a variety of tactical tasks, like cutting ropes, seatbelts, breaking windows, and more. Surprisingly, the glass breaker is highly efficient at shattering car windows.
We adore the serrated edge since it can cut through objects when the straight edge briefly becomes dull. Thanks to the Lockback mechanism feature, which offers the necessary safety, it firmly locks after it is deployed.
The strong 6061-T6 hard-anodized aluminum handle, which houses the extra line cutter blade, is another fantastic aspect of this knife. It opens with a good flick, making it easy to extend the blade.
- Built with a glass breaker that is effective at effectively shattering an automobile window.
- Ropes, ribbons, and other materials can be easily cut with the handle’s line cutter.
- Possesses a wire stripper for electrical application.
- Made with a razor-sharp blade of stainless steel that has both straight and serrated edges.
- Knife locks tightly with lock mechanism.
- Thumb studs on the hard anodized aluminum handle make it easy to open and feel solid.
- The screw needs to be regularly tightened.
Best Tactical Folding Knives in the Market Buyer’s Guide
Tactical pocket knives are larger and more robust than other types. It can be difficult to choose the one that best suits your objective because they have so many characteristics to offer. Some of the features to take into account are as follows:
How you use a blade will determine what makes it good. The size of the blade is the first thing you need to consider. A smaller blade would be appropriate for anything that will be portable. Long blades are notorious for breaking easily and can be rather heavy.
The blade’s edge is still very important. Some knives come with a straight edge, a serrated edge, or both. The straight knife is popular because it may be used for a variety of tasks. More functionality is added by the serrated edge, which can be used to cut through fibrous material.
The handle is designed to make operating the knife easier. If you can find a model with the most comfortable and long-lasting handle, that would be fantastic. The material that was used to manufacture the handle must be examined. You can get some that are constructed of wood, aluminum, and other materials.
A handle’s ergonomics can vary depending on its design, allowing you to utilize it for a variety of tasks with ease.
Regarding the locking mechanism, some models are always easier to deploy than others. When you need to use your knife, the locking mechanism should still be able to release the blade while keeping it clean.
A liner lock enables one-handed closing and opening of the knife without requiring a change in grip. However, with frequent use, this lock will continue to function for a very long period after it has worn down by around half a millimeter. The frame lock, which is a component of the handle itself, is a more durable variant of the liner lock.
Blade Form and Edge
Tactical knives typically come with a standard clip, drop, or tanto point. All shapes have advantages and disadvantages, but these three are typically the most practical for military usage. They are strong enough for fighting situations and the more harsh realities of survival, yet they are also accurate enough for delicate work.
A blade with a drop point and a convex spine offers a more precise point and a bigger belly for slicing. For both general use and hunting, this specific blade shape is ideal.
Blades with a tanto point have excellent piercing power and are powerful and tactical. The majority of EDC tasks are best served by spear point blades because they are more durable than needle-point competitors.
Ease of Opening
Older folding knives need to be opened by inserting a fingernail into a notch on the blade. Thumb tabs are used in more recent designs to forcefully flick the blade open. Blades with spring assistance make one-handed operation even simpler. Whether you have assistance, you need to be able to quickly deploy something without using both hands.
Benefits of Folding Knives
- Folding knives are more compact and often lighter than their full-sized counterparts hence saving space and weight
- A well-built folding knife can handle everything from tactical use to food preparation and constructing a survival shelter. They are multi-tools
- Folding knives are the most portable option.
Today’s market is dominated by a variety of multipurpose tactical folding knives. When selecting the greatest tactical folding knife for your needs, many factors must be taken into account, as our post has highlighted.
It shouldn’t be difficult to select the top tactical folding knife currently on the market. These knives are all amazing in their own right. Once you make your choice now, you won’t ever have to worry about them.