Table of Contents
- 1 Qualities of the Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols
- 2 Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles & Pistols- Ultimate guide
- 2.1 5.11 Tactical Range Ready Multiple Pistol & Ammo Bag, 43L, Style 59049
- 2.2 Allen Company Competitor Premium Molded Lockable Range Bag
- 2.3 WolfWarriorX Long Rifle Case Tactical Double Rifles Gun Bag Molle 38 42 inch
- 2.4 VooDoo Tactical 42″ Padded Weapons Case
- 2.5 Osage River Tactical Double Rifle Case with Pistol Case
- 2.6 Savior Equipment American Classic 24″ 28″ 32″ Tactical Double Rifle Bag
- 2.7 Smith & Wesson Officer Tactical Range Bag
- 2.8 Leapers UTG All-in-1 Range/Utility Go Range Bag
- 3 Types of Range Bags
- 4 Criteria For Choosing The Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols
- 5 Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols
A range bag is great for hauling around shooting gear and provides plenty of storage space in an easily accessible package, whether you’re OCD about organizing your gear on range trips or not.
We also understand that style is very subjective and personal, so we decided to offer a variety of options and styles that could be used for a competition range bag, everyday small range bags, or just something to throw in the truck.
A shooting range bag can save you time on the range by preventing you from searching for your magazine or ear protection in a cardboard box or plastic bag.
A good range bag has enough room to organize your ammunition, magazines, and accessories so you always know where they are, allowing you to spend more time doing what you came to the range for in the first place: shooting!
We want to provide a clear and comprehensive article on which range bag is best for you. Let’s have a look.
Qualities of the Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols
A good range bag is the foundation of a successful gun range trip. Here are some characteristics we believe should be included in a range bag.
- Easy access to the firearm is the most important feature of any tactical range bag.
- Internal dividers should be flexible to accommodate a variety of gun sizes, ear and eye protection, and all the oddly shaped items that make up a complete range kit.
- Even though guns are expensive, it’s a good idea to protect them with some water resistance – but a waterproof range bag is even better.
- The best range bags will have enough space and organization to hold all of your shooting equipment.
- A good range bag can save you time on the range by preventing you from digging through a cardboard box or plastic bag for your magazine or ear protection.
- It should be both durable and comfortable to carry. It should be made of strong, resilient materials that will withstand harsh conditions and last longer.
Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles & Pistols- Ultimate guide
5.11 Tactical Range Ready Multiple Pistol & Ammo Bag, 43L, Style 59049
The 5.11 Tactical Range Ready Multiple Pistol & Ammo Bag is the first item on our list, and it is ideal for those who value function over appearance. It has enough space for all of your hand cannon accessories, as well as protective equipment, extra magazines, ammo, spent brass, and even lunch!
The 511 Tactical Range Ready Bag is cushioned to protect you and your gear. The side pockets are designed to hold small to medium-sized items, and the main front panel has magazine pockets and a divided interior.
With the removable ammo tote and brass bag, this 5-11 Tactical Range Bag measures approximately 24″ x 16″ x 10″ and is made of 600-denier polyester.
The marksman relies on the 5.11 Tactical Shooters Range Bags to transport shooting gear for any shooting or tactical application, ranging from a flashlight to a water bottle to rifle scopes and more.
- Polyester construction is light but strong.
- 8 magazine storage pouches with a zip down front organizer
- Ammunition and brass totes that can be removed
- Hydration storage that is integrated
- Handles that are reinforced
- Padded shoulder strap that can be removed
- Heavy duty padding and segregated inserts
- Made of 600-denier polyester
Allen Company Competitor Premium Molded Lockable Range Bag
The Allen Company Competitor Premium Molded Lockable Range Bag is the next item on the list, and it can hold everything you need and more.
Allen appreciates your enthusiasm for the outdoors, and we’re excited to be the brand you choose for your next adventure. Outdoor experts design and test their products to ensure peak performance, whether you’re on the range or in the field.
The main compartment is designed with a large zip around the opening, and external zipper pockets allow for maximum storage. Extra shells or choke tubes can be stored in five elastic loops.
Clean and assemble or disassemble your firearms on a protective mat with the included rollout gun mat. Even when the rage bag is fully loaded, the adjustable shoulder strap and webbed carry handles make it easy to transport.
- Large range bag with plenty of room for all of your shooting necessities.
- The main compartment can be locked.
- Lid is molded with a zip around the opening.
- An adjustable shoulder strap is included.
- To keep the bag off the ground, the case has four feet and a rigid bottom.
- The end pocket has five elastic shell or choke tube loops.
- A rollout mat for servicing firearms is included in the case.
- An internal tote or shell caddy can be removed from the case for organization.
WolfWarriorX Long Rifle Case Tactical Double Rifles Gun Bag Molle 38 42 inch
The WolfWarriorX Long Rifle Case Tactical Double Rifles Gun Bag is next, and it’s a long rifle case bag made of high-quality water- and dust-resistant material that’s ideal for hunting, shooting, and other outdoor activities.
A main padded compartment; an additional 26″ front compartment; three modular pouches; SBS Duty zippers; Backpack straps; QD Buckles; Internal pistol holders; Adjustable straps; Robust carrying handles; MOLLE webbing; Zippered tool compartment
In the two long gun case, your rifle is secured in a dual-rifle main compartment with integrated padded dividers and hook & loop straps. This tough dual-weapon case features a 26″ front compartment for two pistols, optics, SMGs, or other accessories, and is fully padded for maximum protection.
It has three exterior pouches that hold a total of 14 M4 magazines. The backpack has straps on the back for easy transport.
This MOLLE deluxe double rifle gun bag is great for hunting, training, and other outdoor activities. A two-way size 10 zipper wraps around three sides of the main padded compartment, allowing you to open it and lay it flat.
- It’s made of high-quality water- and dust-resistant materials.
- MOLLE double rifle bag
- Carrying handles that are sturdy.
- Secure your rifle with built-in padded dividers and hook-and-loop straps.
- For maximum protection, this sturdy dual-weapon case is fully padded.
- Comes with three exterior pouches that can hold up to 14 M4 magazines in total.
- Straps on the back of the backpack for easy transport.
VooDoo Tactical 42″ Padded Weapons Case
Tactical 42 by VooDoo “The Padded Weapons Case will protect your rifle from the rigors of transportation, whether in your vehicle or on the battlefield. It can also be used to carry different uppers or if you break down your gun.
Rugged ballistic pack cloth construction, heavy duty zippers, three adjustable outside covered accessory pouches, wrap and carry handles, closed cell foam padding, 2in padded interior perimeter lip, detachable padded, adjustable shoulder harness, shoulder harness storage pocket, inside assorted accessory pockets, and outside universal attachment straps are just a few of the features.
PALS webbing in five rows Fits weapons with collapsible folding stocks up to 36 inches in length “in terms of measurement
- Two long weapons and two handguns can be carried in this case.
- Padlocks, pistol and magazine pouches with locking zipper pulls included
- Mags for pistols and rifles are held in place by hook-and-loop flap covers. securely
- Padded shoulder strap that can be adjusted and removed
- Protection compartments with padding
- Cinch straps on the outside
- Quilted pack cloth construction for extra durability.
Osage River Tactical Double Rifle Case with Pistol Case
The Osage River Double Rifle Case replaces multiple bags at the range or in the field as the ultimate gear storage solution. It has a divider between two rifles in the center compartment to protect them from dings and scratches.
Both full-size and light-carry pistols, as well as their magazines, can be stored in the dual handgun compartments. It also has two interior mesh pockets that provide quick access and excellent visibility, allowing you to easily access all of your belongings.
The backpack straps are completely removable if you prefer to carry the bag by hand or over a single shoulder.
The interior items are kept stable during transit thanks to the full-length backpack webbing, which provides extra strength and security. Full-length zippers with paracord pulls make sorting the contents of the bag a breeze.
All zippers can be locked to prevent unauthorized access to your valuables. The case is made of 600D nylon fabric with double-stitched seams for added strength. This bag measures 36x12x3.5 inches and is available in several sizes to accommodate nearly any rifle.
- Your weapons are protected by a removable padded divider.
- Straps with hooks and loops keep your weapons in place.
- Two handguns and their magazines have enough room in the padded pockets.
- Ammo can be stored in two mesh pockets.
- Backpack straps can be adjusted
- For added security and safety, locking zippers are included.
- Paracord pulls are on every zipper.
- 600D nylon is used for this product.
- Heavy-duty seams are reinforced with double stitching.
Savior Equipment American Classic 24″ 28″ 32″ Tactical Double Rifle Bag
The fully padded edges of the Savior Equipment American Classic 24″ 28″ 32″ Tactical Double Rifle Bag are designed to protect and secure your valuable firearms from unwanted movement and damage during transportation.
It has a removable divider that can be used to separate your firearms into their own compartment or as an additional mat when not in use. It also has three additional exterior tactical pockets, allowing you to carry a lot of magazines, hearing protection, and other gear in one bag.
To keep things simple, this rifle bag has lockable zipper sliders on the two main firearm compartments and paracord zipper pulls. Large padded sleeves with hook and loop fastener strips are included. The zippered sleeves can be used to store any extra items.
- The edges are fully padded to protect and secure your valuable firearms.
- Separate your firearms into their own compartment with this removable divider.
- Has three additional tactical pockets on the outside
- The two main firearm compartments have lockable zipper sliders.
- Paracord Zipper pulls.
- Any extra items can be stored in the zippered sleeves.
Smith & Wesson Officer Tactical Range Bag
Smith & Wesson’s Officer Tactical Range Bag is made of high-quality materials. These bags and cases have features that will keep your gear safe in any situation. They’re made to withstand a lot of use and bad weather.
To withstand even the harshest conditions, this range bag is made of tough ballistic fabric with thick nylon straps. Everything will stay in one piece, just the way you left it, thanks to heavy-duty hardware, oversized zippers, and top-of-the-line hook and loop closures.
Smith & Wesson’s Range Bags have internal padding that protects your gear while also providing two zippered handgun cases for secure concealment of your pistols.
The reinforced wrap-a-round nylon carrying handles on this Smith & Wesson Officer Tactical Range Pack provide reliable ruggedness, while the bottom rubber foot skids keep the bag in place during transportation and storage.
- Ballistic fabric that is weather resistant and durable.
- All compartments have plenty of space.
- Rubber skids for the feet
- This bag is equipped to handle any situation.
- A padded ammo bag with two internal, zippered side pockets that can be removed.
- High-quality hook-and-loop fasteners
- Strapping made of thick nylon
- All compartments are easily accessible.
- For rugged activities, a secure fit is essential.
Leapers UTG All-in-1 Range/Utility Go Range Bag
Leapers UTG All-in-1 Range/Utility Go Range Bag is made of high-quality, long-lasting synthetic material that has been expertly crafted for rugged everyday use. It has a large storage capacity and a layout that is tailored to different application needs for easy organization, versatility, and portability.
It has an open top with dual zippers for easy access to the large main compartment, which has two inside wall pockets for shooting essentials.
It also comes with removable, thickly padded, and adjustable dividers, two removable pistol cases, one brass bag, carry handles, and a fully adjustable shoulder strap. Tough PVC-coated material, reinforced stitching, heavy-duty zippers, and well-padded pockets are designed to withstand the harshest environments and use.
- 600D polyester construction is water resistant and long lasting.
- Ample storage capacity and a flexible layout to meet the needs of various applications.
- It can be used in a variety of ways and is easy to carry.
- To withstand the harshest environments and use, PVC coated material, reinforced stitching, heavy duty zippers, and well-padded pockets are used.
- Front and back zipper pockets with MOLLE straps for additional attachments are thickly padded.
- For full and easy access to the main compartment, open top with clear zippered pocket and lockable zipper closure.
Types of Range Bags
Make sure you get the right range bag for your shooting style. The following are the most common types of range bags and they include:
If you only want to make one purchase, this is the range bag for you. It’s basically a range bag superstore.
Ammunition, cleaning supplies, ear and eye protection, targets, stapler, extra magazines, range book, and even pistol cases should all be packed in a duffel. Some even have room for disassembled long guns.
Keep in mind that putting all of your weight on one shoulder isn’t the most efficient way to distribute weight on your body.
This style of range bag is practical, has plenty of storage, and keeps our hands free. The majority of range backpacks have easy-access compartments for handguns. Some come with soft cases for individual handguns, allowing you to quickly select the weapon you want.
They’re ideal for moving between dispersed firing positions or when you have separate cases for your firearms. Long gun storage is less common, though there are backpack-style rifle cases available.
When multiple firearms and larger items are added, they fall short. They’re used to store small items like magazines, earplugs, and perhaps a cleaning kit.
These are usually lighter, less expensive, and MOLLE-compatible. Soft cases don’t offer the same level of protection as hard cases, leaving your belongings vulnerable to impacts and less secure than a locked hard case.
Criteria For Choosing The Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols
The intended use/purpose
The intended purpose of your range bag depends on whether you want to set up shop and do all of your shooting from a single firing position, or if your shooting style requires a lot of movement across varied terrain.
If you enjoy precision shooting from a bench, keep your range book, spotting scope, and tools close at hand. Duffel bags are ideal in this situation. Small bags and duffels are ideal for photographers who prefer to set up shop and access all of their equipment.
If you keep your gear stowed until it’s time to pull out the cleaning kit or a new box of ammo, a backpack might be more your style.
The material used to construct your bag is crucial because you want it to be durable and protective throughout its lifespan.
Cutting corners on quality could backfire, especially if you’re carrying the bag in less-than-ideal conditions.
If you want the best range bag, look for a tough-built bag that can withstand being tossed around and make sure it’s well-made in key stress points that are more likely to wear out.
You never know what conditions you’ll be hauling your gear through, so getting something water-resistant gives your pistols and gear an extra layer of protection against the unknown.
Compartments and Pockets
If you’re going to the range with multiple handguns, get a bag with lots of pockets to keep everything organized and accessible.
Spend some time going over all of your gear and figuring out what your ideal load-out is, then narrow down your search.
It’s a simple thing that will give you extra peace of mind knowing that your firearms will not end up in the wrong hands.
Firearms are always a target for thieves, so make sure you’re doing everything you can to keep your gear safe when you’re not using it.
Consider getting a bag that can be secured to your vehicle with a traditional zipper lock, a combination lock, or even more sophisticated mounts.
Duffel bags can be carried with one hand or over the shoulder with a sling. Backpacks allow for hands-free carrying but are usually only of medium capacity. The smallest cases, which are typically designed for pistols, are roughly the size of a lunchbox and can only carry the bare necessities.
A simple soft case, tote, or duffel will suffice if your range bag will only be used to transport gear from the car to the firing line. A backpack is required if you intend to travel.
Best Range Bags And Cases for Rifles And Pistols FAQs
- What is a range bag?
A range bag is a must-have transportation accessory for both the basic items you’ll need at the shooting range and the more unique or unusual items you’ll bring. A well-equipped bag can significantly improve the value and enjoyment of your shooting experience.
- What does MOLLE stand for?
It’s an acronym for Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE)
- Do I need a range bag?
Yes. You can go to the range knowing you have everything you need when you have a range bag that fits your needs and you take the time to develop an organization system in that bag.
- What is the ideal size of a range bag?
The ideal range bag size is determined by your intended use. You can get away with a smaller bag if you only plan on going to the range once a month with a single handgun, some ammo, and a few other items.
If you’re a range enthusiast who needs to transport multiple handguns, rifles, accessories, and other items, you’ll need a larger range bag.
There’s an option for you, whether you want a comprehensive range bag or something tactical that keeps you mobile. Each of these range bags has a unique set of features for gun enthusiasts. To help you get to the point, we selected range bags that represent a wide range of budgets and intended uses.
We hope that this range bag review points you in the right direction and, in the end, assists you in selecting the best shooting range bag for you. Just keep looking until you find the perfect bag!