Table of Contents
- 1 Best Crossbows for Fishing- Our Top Picks
- 1.1 Cajun Fish Stick Take-Down Bowfishing Bow
- 1.2 Muzzy Bowfishing Vice Bowfishing Kit
- 1.3 Southland Archery Supply SAS Scorpii Compound Bowfishing Bow Kit
- 1.4 Cajun Bowfishing Sucker Punch Bow Package Ready to Fish (RTF)
- 1.5 AMS Bowfishing Crossbow Bowfishing Kit
- 1.6 PSE ARCHERY The Kingfisher 56″ Recurve Bow Set for Bowfishing
- 2 Best Crossbows for Fishing Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Benefits of Crossbow fishing
- 4 Crossbow fishing’s drawbacks
- 5 Conclusion
Best Crossbows for Fishing
Fishing with a crossbow is a modern technique that has grown in acceptance over time. Fishing with a crossbow may be entertaining, tasty, and, for some people, provide a living.
Crossbow fishing is the perfect pastime for you if you enjoy both shooting and fishing. The correct fishing crossbow kit will enhance your fishing experience because they are simpler and more precise to use.
The best compromise between fishing reels and bows is offered by crossbows. Beginners can try it out because it is a basic activity.
All crossbow fishing kits are made of materials that are both lightweight and strong. The best crossbows for fishing are those made of aluminum, and we have listed some of them for you in this review. Let’s look at it.
Best Crossbows for Fishing- Our Top Picks
Cajun Fish Stick Take-Down Bowfishing Bow
The take-down nature of this fishing crossbow kit makes it ideal for fishing. It has a peak draw weight of 45 lbs. and a takedown length of 56 inches.
It can resist the abuse of bowfishing thanks to its high-grade aluminum riser and composite limbs, and you can always have a consistent shot thanks to the no-slip rubber grip and blister-busting finger cushions.
This fishing crossbow is also available with extra parts, such as the draw line for ideal performance, like other bow angling bow packs. A drum reel with line, a roller rest, and an arrow with a Piranha point are all included in the kit.
- No-slip rubber grip and blister buster finger pads to ensure that you have a consistent shot always.
- Threaded holes for mounting sights or reels that accept Cajun Winch Pro and Winch Pro.
- 56 inches long take-down design.
- 45 lbs. peak draw weight.
- High-grade aluminum riser and composite limbs that enhance durability and sturdiness.
- The package includes a drum reel with line, roller rest, and arrow with Piranha point
Muzzy Bowfishing Vice Bowfishing Kit
The Muzzy Vice Bowfishing Kit has everything you need to start fishing on the water. It comes pre-spooled with 150 feet of 150 pound Tournament Line and the new, upgraded XD Pro Push-Button Reel with an integrated reel seat. The bow also has Muzzy Fish Hook rests, glove-free finger protectors, and their Classic White Fish Arrow with a Carp Point and nock attached.
This all-inclusive package is designed to attract large fish. To assist you discover the ideal setup for a full night of shooting, the highly adjustable bow offers draw weights from 30 to 60 lbs and draw lengths from 24.5″ to 31″. Easy-to-maneuver .The 30″ axle-to-axle bow’s 320 fps arrow-firing speed gives you the ability to take longer shots at large fish. Let-off at a rate of 75%.
- xd pro push-button reel (pre-spooled with 150′ of 150 lb. tournament line)
- Integrated reel seat
- Muzzy fish hook rest
- Classic white fish arrow with a carp point and nock
- Glove-free finger guards pre-installed on the string
- Adjustable Draw Weight: 30-60 pounds
- Adjustable Draw Length: 24.5″-31″
- Net Weight: 3.8lbs
- Arrow Speed: Up to 320 fps
- Axle to Axle: 30″
- Brace Height: 7.5″
- Let-Off: 75%
- Right or Left Hand Models Available
Southland Archery Supply SAS Scorpii Compound Bowfishing Bow Kit
This compound bowfishing crossbow, one of the Best Crossbows for Fishing, was designed with expert shooters in mind. One of the most popular fishing crossbows on the market is this one.
It has a draw length adjustment range of 19 to 29 inches and a draw weight adjustment range of 30-55 pounds. It is a small powerhouse with a maximum shooting speed of 260 feet per second.
An arrow rest, an arrow with a slide and point, and a front mount reel with a line are all included in the packing. 50 yards of the 80-pound test line can be stored on its front mounting reel.
- Compressed ABS Limbs for long life Bow Snap arrow rest.
- Front mounting reel capable of holding up 50 yards of the 80-pound test line.
- Draw length: 19-29 inches.
- An Adjustable draw weight of between 30 to 55 pounds.
- 31 inches fiberglass arrow with a point.
- The package includes an arrow rest, an arrow with slide and point, and a front mount reel with line.
Cajun Bowfishing Sucker Punch Bow Package Ready to Fish (RTF)
For the ideal angling execution, this fishing crossbow has a drum reel line.
It draws 50 pounds, and like other crossbows, it contains extra segments for the best performance. Its composite appendages and aluminum riser are made to endure all kinds of misuse.
Additionally, it has Blister Buster finger cushions and a non-slip rubber grip to guarantee a reliable shot each and every time. It is always ready to go and will never let you down because to its deep, quiet grooves, which prevent derailment while swatting through the sedge.
- Amazing draw length. Constant draw and draw length specific modules and Included Blister Buster finger pads.
- 60% let-off and 7.25” inch brace height for smooth and simple shooting.
- 17-31” draw length range.
- 50 lb. peak draw weight Bowfishing bow with a deep cam groove that prevents derailed strings.
- Packaging includes a Cajun Winch Pro reel, fishing biscuit arrow rest as well as 2 white fiberglass Piranha arrows
AMS Bowfishing Crossbow Bowfishing Kit
The AMS Retriever Pro Crossbow kit is the ideal method to rig your crossbow for bowfishing. It contains all the components need to transform your crossbow into a bowfishing machine. This kit contains a Retriever Pro reel, one of our top sellers and a tried-and-true favorite, loaded with 25 yards of 200 pound braided Dacron line.
Installing Retriever reels on a crossbow is possible with this non-handed mount. You only need to attach the Retriever, mount the base block, and install the handle with a t-screw.
All fish and shallow water love the stainless steel Chaos FX point. The heavy-duty, pivoting barbs on its short length require little penetration to engage, and they may be released by loosening the tip. Bolts are solid fiberglass, 24″ long, 22/64″ in diameter, with an AMS Ring System fitted and a half-moon nock.
- Time-tested Retriever Pro reel filled with 25 yards of 200 pound braided Dacron line.
- Sleek-X Crossbow Mount
- Heavy-duty barbs require minimal penetration to engage and release
- Bolts are 24” long, 22/64” diameter
- Solid fiberglass with half-moon nock
- AMS Ring System installed.
PSE ARCHERY The Kingfisher 56″ Recurve Bow Set for Bowfishing
Gear up for fishing and reel in the fish this season with the PSE Kingfisher Bowfishing Recurve Bow; all you need is right here.
The Kingfisher recurve bow’s 56′′ length makes it perfect for bowfishing. The bow’s limbs are finished with PSE’s signature Flo Green DK’d design, and its riser is precisely machined.
A fully robust design that is made to last; To assist you stay undetected in the bush, the limbs are covered with a color DK’D camouflage pattern; has a bowfishing arrow that is 32 inches long.
Right hand bow weights are 35, 40, 45, and 50 lbs.
- Ideal 56” length for excellent maneuvering while on the water
- Precision machined riser for lasting durability
- Complete durable design is built to last
- Limbs are covered in color DK’D camo pattern to help keep you hidden
- An affordable & multi-use bowfishing bow.
Best Crossbows for Fishing Buyer’s Guide
Finding a fishing crossbow that properly meets your needs can be challenging with the wide variety on the market. Here are some key elements you should think about in order to select the best crossbow for fishing.
The power stroke of a crossbow is crucial in determining the arrow’s speed. Longer power stroke fishing crossbows typically have greater shooting speeds, with some being able to shoot at up to 400 feet per second.
However, the weight of your arrow also influences its speed, so if you use a light arrow with a powerful crossbow, the arrow will move quite quickly. There are no standard speeds for fishing crossbows, and they all have various speeds.
Understanding your crossbow’s design is the first step in understanding fishing crossbow safety. Although fishing crossbow designs differ, they do have certain common qualities. Crossbows come in one- and two-handed varieties.
The most popular are the two-handed crossbows since they are better suited for fishing.
The crossbow’s quality is another crucial component that you should take into account. The draw speed, safety, and scope of the bow all depend on the crossbow’s quality.
Therefore, you should pick a high-quality crossbow that is constructed with sturdy and lasting materials. Because quality has a price, don’t compromise the product’s quality or your safety by choosing a low-quality crossbow to fit your budget.
Different materials are used to make fishing crossbow arrows, and the ideal fishing crossbow kit includes information on the kind of arrows you need as well as their weight and length.
By using the right arrows, you can make sure that they move in the desired direction and avoid breaking. These arrows can be made of a variety of materials, including carbon, aluminum, or a combination of the two.
While carbon arrows are stronger and more durable, carbon and aluminum mix arrows are best for beginners to crossbow fishing. The shape of an arrow’s vanes determines how well it can fly. Make sure the vanes you choose for your fishing arrows are of the highest caliber, are fixed correctly, and are straight.
Additionally, make sure the arrows you buy have nocks built exclusively for your fishing crossbow.
Depending on the fish you want to catch, you will need the right draw weight. The fish grow larger as the crossbow’s power increases. Additionally, arrow speed increases with draw weight and clean kills are delivered more frequently by fast-moving arrows than by slower ones.
You need a crossbow with a draw weight of at least 50 pounds if you’re going after big fish. To find out what draw weights are permitted, it is crucial to research the definitions of your local fishing rules.
The archer’s size
The majority of fishing crossbows are designed to fit the average person, who is between 5.6 and 5.8 feet tall. Size matters because, even with a rope cocking apparatus, it could be difficult for little persons to cock the string.
There are mechanical cocking mechanisms that can be used to make up for this problem, but they are noisy, making them unsuitable for fishing. Little fishing crossbows are readily available and perfect for smaller individuals.
Benefits of Crossbow fishing
- Fishing crossbows feature incredibly heavy draw weights that enable them to fire arrows more quickly than compound bows.
- Once the crossbow is cocked, maintaining it at full draw doesn’t require the fisherman to use any energy or effort, making it simple to fire.
- Crossbows are a simple shooting platform for fishermen who are accustomed to using rifles since they operate well with telescopic sights.
Crossbow fishing’s drawbacks
- Heavy and cumbersome. Crossbows used for fishing are big and heavy. Crossbows typically weigh between 6-7 pounds, and because of their hefty design, they are challenging to handle.
- Fishing with a crossbow is really challenging. Connecting with a fish is challenging due to water refraction. The more refracted light there is, the harder it is to shoot a fish the deeper it is in the water.
Shot fish are regarded as harvested and provide a living for many people all over the world.
During the new moon, when the fish feel more hidden in the darkness, it is frequently simpler to get an easier shot of the fish.
Crossbows for fishing can be utilized by both seasoned users and novices because they are suitably silent. This review should be useful to you, we hope.