Table of Contents
- 1 Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light-Our Top Choices
- 1.1 Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Crossbow Scope
- 1.2 Sightmark Core SX 3×32 Crossbow Scope
- 1.3 Hawke 1.5-5×32 IR Crossbow Scope w/ Illuminated SR Reticle
- 1.4 Excalibur TACT 100 Crossbow Scope
- 1.5 Killer Instinct LUMIX SPEEDRING Scope 5-5 X 32
- 1.6 Leapers UTG 4x32mm Crossbow Scope
- 1.7 TRUGLO Crossbow 4X32 Compact Scope w/Rings
- 2 Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light
- 3 FAQs On The Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light
- 4 Conclusion
Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light
Out in the field, crossbows are amazing. They’re simple to operate and shoot arrows with a single button press. A scope, on the other hand, is required if you want to hit your target with a crossbow.
This is especially true when hunting, because many animals emerge at dawn and dusk, when light levels are lower.
That’s why we spent time writing reviews of the best low-light crossbow scopes available.
Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light-Our Top Choices
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Crossbow Scope
The Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Crossbow Scope gives hunters looking for accuracy and dependability everything they need to start stacking bolts and filling tags everything they need to start stacking arrows and filling tags.
The XBR-2 reticle was created with crossbows in mind, with a 40-yard zero and fast, accurate holdovers from 20 to 100 yards. For accuracy in low light, the reticle has dual illumination, either red or green.
The reticle’s scale maintains the same ideally-sized(second focal plane) look. At the highest magnification, the listed reticle subtensions used for estimating range, holdover, and wind drift correction are accurate.
The Vortex scope’s magnifier ring magnification and FPS make it compatible with a wide range of bows and setups, and its wide field of view makes it ideal for a variety of shooting situations.
All air-to-glass surfaces are coated with proprietary coatings that improve light transmission and have multiple anti-reflective coatings. Recoil and impact are not an issue due to the tough construction.
Because it is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, this scope provides dependable waterproof and fogproof performance in all environments and temperatures.
- Dual Illuminated Reticle which provides both red and green illumination
- Fully Multi-Coated proprietary coatings increase light transmission
- Anodized Finish to prevent Corrosion and wear resistant and anodization provides low-glare matte surface
- Fast Focus Eyepiece which allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Second Focal Plane reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance.
- 30mm Maintube
- 1/2 MOA Impact Point Correction
- 160 MOA Elevation/Windage Adjustment
- Low Profile Capped Turrets
- Waterproof, Fogproof and shockproof.
Sightmark Core SX 3×32 Crossbow Scope
The Sightmark Core SX 3×32 Crossbow Scope is designed for large game like elk and moose, and it has killzone rangefinding and a fixed power magnification optimized for 320 fps crossbows. The Core SX features low-profile, resettable zero-protection capped turrets.
A red/black VXR-L reticle with 11 brightness settings for use in a variety of lighting conditions is included, as is shot placement arrow drop compensation.
The scope’s fully multi-coated optics, low-profile capped turrets, and weatherproof body provide exceptional dependability in all shooting conditions.
- Crossbow speeds of 320fps have been optimized.
- Etched reticle with a red illumination.
- There are 11 reticle brightness settings to accommodate a variety of lighting conditions.
- Reticle holdover indicates a range of 60 yards.
- Killzone detection for large game.
- Designed to withstand the recoil of a crossbow.
- Weatherproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- Lightweight and compact.
Hawke 1.5-5×32 IR Crossbow Scope w/ Illuminated SR Reticle
Hawke is a British company that creates innovative, feature-rich precision instruments at a reasonable price. Hawke red dot sights have exceptional engineering and build quality, providing you with the accurate and precise vision you require. Hawke will repair your product at no cost to you if it becomes damaged or defective.
The XB1 1.5-5×32 crossbow scope features 11 layers of fully multi-coated optics for superior clarity, as well as a 1″ mono-tube chassis for superior strength. It has a glass-etched illuminated XB1 SR reticle that works with bow speeds ranging from 250 to 425 fps.
From a 20-yard zero out to 100-yards, the reticle is designed with 10-yard aim points. At the appropriate distances, it has bracketing of 4 or 8 inches and aim marks measuring 1.5 inches across.
On the saddle, a rheostat controls the brightness of red and green illumination. Crossbow specific, positive click 12 MOA turrets, protected from the elements by a sealed turret cap, allow for quick and accurate zeroing. All calibers are rated and are waterproof, shockproof, and nitrogen purged.
- Excellent clarity thanks to 11 layers of fully multi-coated optics.
- Mono-tube chassis with a diameter of one inch for added strength
- Speed selector ring with speeds ranging from 250 to 425 frames per second
- Red and green illumination on a glass etched reticle
- The rheostat on the saddle has five brightness settings.
- 12 MOA fingertip turrets with a low profile and no snag
- Zoom ring with high torque and fast focus eyeball
Excalibur TACT 100 Crossbow Scope
The Excalibur TACT 100 Crossbow Scope has a quick point. When shooting at reasonable hunting distances, the 100 yard illuminated multi-reticle is ideal for target shooting or long-range practice, giving you the confidence to make the shot when it counts.
It has multi-coated lenses for better light transmission in low light, a 15% wider field of view, and an adjustable multiplex crosshair system that can be adjusted in 10 yard increments.
This tactical scope is lightweight and rugged, with a speed dial for velocities ranging from 300 to 450 fps.
- 100 Yard Fast Point Multi-Reticle with red/green illumination.
- Adjustable speed dial for arrow velocity ranging from 300 to 450 frames per second.
- Lenses with multiple coatings for crisp, clear viewing.
- For all-weather use, it’s waterproof, shockproof, and fogproof.
- Light transmission is enhanced by using a 30MM tube.
- Lens caps that flip up and 30mm rings are included.
- Guaranteed for life.
Killer Instinct LUMIX SPEEDRING Scope 5-5 X 32
With the Killer Instinct Lumix Speedring Crossbow Scope, you’ll be able to track and aim at moving targets from a long distance. This scope will fit almost any crossbow, giving you an advantage in any situation.
The infrared crossbow scope comes with a tough metal case that can withstand impacts and weather, as well as spring-loaded covers that protect the lenses until you’re ready to take down that whitetail buck or pheasant.
The Speed Ring allows you to adjust the scope for crossbows with speeds ranging from 270 to 450 FPS. In low-light situations, the red/blue illuminated reticle provides sharp contrast for accurate sighting.
Don’t go out hunting unprepared: use the Lumix Speedring 1.5 to 5 x 32 IR-E Crossbow Scope to ensure that your shots are always straight and true.
- Improve your ability to aim in low light and from a distance.
- For long-term durability, the rugged metal chassis is fog proof, waterproof, and shockproof.
- Crossbows with speeds ranging from 270 to 450 fps can be used with the adjustable gauge.
- For up to 100 yards, an adjustable-brightness reticle provides a low-light target.
- Flip covers with a spring-loaded mechanism Keep your lenses dry until you’re ready to use them.
- 43 pound weight
Leapers UTG 4x32mm Crossbow Scope
The Leapers UTG 4x32mm Pro 5-Step Reticle Crossbow Scope is a tough, accurate scope for crossbows with the wide-angle field of view needed for safe hunting with a slower, less powerful bow system.
This Leapers crossbow scope is based on the dependable True Strength platform, which means it’s waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof. The Pro 5-Step rangefinding reticle, which is specially calibrated for estimating range on a 300fps crossbow, makes this scope ideal for crossbows and allows you to make more accurate distance shots.
The Leapers UTG 4×32 Illuminated Wide Angle Cross Bow Scope’s reticle can also be illuminated in red or green using the SWAT (Side Wheel Adjustable Turret) dial on the side of the scope, making low-light shooting easier, especially when combined with the UTG scope’s broadband lens coating.
For even more long-range precision, Leapers UTG has outfitted the crossbow scope with premium zero-resettable and zero-lockable target-style windage and elevation turrets, as well as an integral angled sun shade.
The Leapers UTG 4x Target Turret Range Finding Cross-Bow Scope is a high-precision crossbow scope.
- Leapers’ crossbow scope is a long-lasting and effective crossbow scope.
- Built on the True Strength platform, which is rainproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- Pro 5-Step Reticle designed specifically for 300fps crossbows with integrated range finder lines
- The ergonomic SWAT (Side Wheel Adjustable Turret) dial controls the red and green illumination.
- The application of a precision broadband lens coating improves light transmission.
- Zero lockable and zero resettable target style turrets of the highest quality
- Pre-adjusted parallax at 50 yards
- Two (2) quick detach lever lock scope rings are included.
- A built-in sun shade reduces glare and improves visibility.
- Leapers’ lifetime warranty is included.
TRUGLO Crossbow 4X32 Compact Scope w/Rings
The TruGlo 4×32 Crossbow Rifle Scope with Rings TG8504B3 – TG8504C3 are a reliable addition to the TruGlo Rifle Scopes line. This scope can meet your outdoor needs while also providing excellent value for money, as it combines top-notch and uncompromising quality with a low price.
The fully-coated lenses on this scope provide maximum brightness, clarity, and contrast. This model includes a rubber eye-guard, a one-piece tube made of aircraft quality aluminum with a durable, scratch-resistant finish, and a sturdy leaf spring for windage and elevation adjustments.
- A DUAL•COLOR illuminated reticle is included.
- The reticle can be used in the absence of illumination.
- Eye relief is generous at 4 in.
- Fully–coated lenses provide the best possible brightness, clarity, and contrast.
- Rubber eye-protection.
- Under the screw down caps, you can adjust the windage and elevation with your fingertip.
- Windage and elevation adjustments are made possible by a long-lasting leaf spring.
- A single-piece tube made of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Matte finish that is durable, scratch resistant, and non-reflective.
- Waterproof and fogproof.
- Best Nightforce Scopes for Benchrest Shooting
- Best Hunting Scopes for 300 Win Mag
- Best Swarovski Scopes For Long Range Hunting
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light
One factor should stand out above all others when comparing crossbow scopes: the scope’s clarity. It may not seem like a big deal, but a hazy image is the last thing you want when looking through your eyes.
The clarity of top-tier scopes is unrivaled, especially at higher magnification levels. Remember that if a lower-end scope is a little fuzzy at the lowest power setting, it will only get worse as the power is increased.
When you’re taking a picture, you want everything to be as clear as possible, so don’t skimp on the clarity.
In low-light situations, a sight with an illuminated reticle is essential. This allows you to see where you need to line up your shot, which can mean the difference between a successful shot and an arrow that flies wide.
Not all reticle illuminations, however, are created equal. When looking at an illuminated reticle, there are two things to keep in mind. To begin, think about the colors you want to use. While a single color illuminated reticle is adequate, the majority of the best options offer at least two colors.
If the background of your target is the same color as your illuminated reticle, you can change your illuminated reticle to see what you’re shooting. The ability to adjust the brightness is the second consideration.
If the brightness is too high, the reticle will become blurry and the battery will drain faster. You will be unable to see it if the light is not sufficiently bright. A reticle with adjustable brightness allows you to tailor your view to the conditions and maintain the best possible visibility at all times.
The amount of magnification required is determined by the target’s distance. The maximum effective range for most crossbow applications is 100 yards, but even then, you’re far more likely to be shooting targets that are 60 yards or less away.
As a result, the maximum magnification range you’ll need on any crossbow is 5x, though scopes that go slightly higher than this will make long-range shots a little easier.
When taking a close-range shot, however, there is such a thing as too much magnification. When you examine objects that are close to you with a higher magnification, the image can distort. This is known as parallax, and it can be a major issue when shooting close-range targets.
Because you won’t have to worry about parallax, scopes with minimum magnification ranges of 1.5x or 2x are ideal for close-range shots, and you can increase the power if your target is further away.
Eye relief is the distance between your scope and your eye that you need to see clearly through it. If you don’t have enough eye relief when you pull the trigger, the recoil can send the scope straight back into your eye. This can result in a nasty bruise or, in the worst-case scenario, a fractured orbital socket. It’s also difficult to look through your sight and line up your shot if you don’t have enough eye relief, which is why most shooters believe that more eye relief is better.
It is also the reason why a crossbow scope should have at least 3 inches of eye relief.
When looking at scopes, make sure to look at the warranty. A scope with a lifetime warranty is typically of higher quality because the manufacturer believes in its product and does not anticipate a large number of users needing to send it back for repairs.
If you can afford it, go with a scope that comes with a lifetime warranty. You’ll know it was worthwhile when you’re still lining up and shooting shots in a few years.
FAQs On The Best Crossbow Scope For Low Light
What is the difference between a crossbow scope and a rifle scope?
Because rifles are designed to engage targets at much longer distances than crossbows, rifle scopes are built for ranges of 100 yards and beyond, whereas crossbow scopes are built for ranges of 20 to 50 yards. The main reason the scopes aren’t interchangeable is because of this.
Do crossbow scopes have magnification?
The majority have a 4x fixed magnification, which should be enough to harvest a deer from 50 yards away. Some scopes let you illuminate the reticles in green or red in low-light situations.
How many yards is a crossbow accurate?
The effective range of a crossbow, like that of most vertical bow hunters, is about 40 yards. Most hunters can fire a crossbow accurately enough to be lethal at this range.
What is an illuminated scope?
Internal lights in an illuminated scope produce an illuminated reticle. This can help you see the reticle in low-light situations like pre-dawn, twilight, rainy, snowy, or cloudy weather.
If you don’t know what you’re looking for, finding the right crossbow scope for low-light situations can be difficult. Hopefully, this buyer’s guide answered any questions you had about the various scopes on the market.
While some scopes are better than others, regardless of which one you choose, you’ll have a fun time lining up your target and avoiding going home empty-handed!